Grizzlys expanding their range in G.

Grizz are further south than the fish and game will report! The wolves thats another story all the way to the uintas!

I’m blind or don’t spend enough time up there, cause I’ve seen 2 wolves and “possibly” 1 grizzly south of the Snake and Hoback in the past 15+ years.
I see a number of black bears, but only that one that might have been a grizzly. That was about 15 years ago above Afton. Seen the mother and pup on Greyback.
Maybe there are 200 inch bucks everywhere up there and I’m too blind to see them!! :ROFLMAO:
I’d like to see a grizzly, but not there. I’ll go to Yellowstone.

Spouse worked in that country 30+ years ago, back then there were a few sightings, not verified, and lots of rumors of them wandering through. I would not be surprised if things have changed though.

Seems logical they would expand their range once their traditional habitat goes beyond it’s carrying capacity for apex predators.

I regularly hunt the Horse Creek country in the Wyoming Range- have seen grizzly tracks multiple times in the last 10 years. I have a pic of my size 11 boots fully inside one of the big one's tracks. My dad has a friend who encountered one on a harvested elk the following morning during retrieval in the same area. Not surprising to see them expand further south in that contiguous mountain country.

With all the tasty wool covered treats in that country during the summer, its only a matter of time more bears find that little honey hole. Unfortunately, our livestock producers will be the first ones to 'bear' the brunt of grizzly expansion.

With all the tasty wool covered treats in that country during the summer, its only a matter of time more bears find that little honey hole. Unfortunately, our livestock producers will be the first ones to 'bear' the brunt of grizzly expansion.
That’s great news!

They don’t bear much brunt when they get 20X depredation awards like the Clown show ranch does in Hot Springs County every year and all that is awarded by Game and Fish. Wyoming is far too generous in these awards. https://www.wyofile.com/panel-abandons-griz-depredation-comp-model-awards-ranch-339k/

As with anything, the tax payers will bear the brunt of it.

I’m blind or don’t spend enough time up there, cause I’ve seen 2 wolves and “possibly” 1 grizzly south of the Snake and Hoback in the past 15+ years.
I see a number of black bears, but only that one that might have been a grizzly. That was about 15 years ago above Afton. Seen the mother and pup on Greyback.
Maybe there are 200 inch bucks everywhere up there and I’m too blind to see them!! :ROFLMAO:
I’d like to see a grizzly, but not there. I’ll go to Yellowstone.

Last I checked, Mirror Lake was a ways south of G, and the wolves are there.

Maybe you are blind? Welcome to the club?

Thinking if I lost 314 calves in one year, I'd be hiring that few extra cowboys?

Please tell me he isn't demanding compensation for them killed on public land
Easier to just fit them with an expandable GPS collar and recycle them each year. One of those units that sends out a ping when no movement is detected after several hours. The Clown show ranch though would rather fight for that 20X compensation.

Easier to just fit them with an expandable GPS collar and recycle them each year. One of those units that sends out a ping when no movement is detected after several hours. The Clown show ranch though would rather fight for that 20X compensation.

I was telling my wife about it. She said we lost 60 calves to grizzlies this spring ???

Not sure what you guys think is so funny. We have a bear problem and its not getting solved.... hilarious

Not sure what you guys think is so funny. We have a bear problem and its not getting solved.... hilarious

Problems get solved by honest brokers.

Dude pretending he lost over 300 calves in one spring is just as irrational as the grizzlies are teddy bear crowd

Problems get solved by honest brokers.

Dude pretending he lost over 300 calves in one spring is just as irrational as the grizzlies are teddy bear crowd
Well maybe when the state gets tired of paying for calves they will do something about the bears?

Well maybe when the state gets tired of paying for calves they will do something about the bears?

Since the bears are federally protected, I doubt it.

Besides, wouldn't you think you would get tired of losing 314 calves long before 314? There are these things called HERDERS. Sheepman been using them for centuries

Allot better odds of getting some type of managment in place bringing it to the attention of the state then hiring more cowboys. That doesn't take much to figure out. All thats going to come of that is possibly a few less calves killed and a couple more cowboys killed too. Yea i know its federal but it starts with the state pushing back first

Allot better odds of getting some type of managment in place bringing it to the attention of the state then hiring more cowboys. That doesn't take much to figure out. All thats going to come of that is possibly a few less calves killed and a couple more cowboys killed too. Yea i know its federal but it starts with the state pushing back first
Why do we find it funny? Because the guy is a jack wagon. The BS he pulled with big horn sheep was a damn mess and he knew exactly what he was doing. Now to claim he had over 300 calves killed yet he could only document 20? I get that the range is big, but any business model at all where you are seeing those sorts of losses would start to find solution. So far his only solution is to sue the state.

Think of it, he claims his business lost nearly $500,000 dollars. If hiring even 2 extra hands to work the cattle cut the loss in half he would be up hundreds of thousands in $.

I fully agree life would be significantly better if the bears were delisted and the state took over management. But that has not happened yet. But to artificially apply an 20x multiplier with out any data of evidence at all is wrong.

But again the BS he pulled with sheep and the entire situation around that issue means I have absolutely no sympathy for him and this situation .

Now how can he NOT hire his own animal doctor/ expert to prove he did have that many bear killed calves. Hard to say what killed them after they are chewed on but other animals.
Maybe more trail Cam's YEP they sure could help his case seeing several calves getting killed on a cam.

Why do we find it funny? Because the guy is a jack wagon. The BS he pulled with big horn sheep was a damn mess and he knew exactly what he was doing. Now to claim he had over 300 calves killed yet he could only document 20? I get that the range is big, but any business model at all where you are seeing those sorts of losses would start to find solution. So far his only solution is to sue the state.

Think of it, he claims his business lost nearly $500,000 dollars. If hiring even 2 extra hands to work the cattle cut the loss in half he would be up hundreds of thousands in $.

I fully agree life would be significantly better if the bears were delisted and the state took over management. But that has not happened yet. But to artificially apply an 20x multiplier with out any data of evidence at all is wrong.

But again the BS he pulled with sheep and the entire situation around that issue means I have absolutely no sympathy for him and this situation .
How are hired men going to stop a bear from eating calves? Might spook it off a couple times then the bears get wise to that then what?

How are hired men going to stop a bear from eating calves? Might spook it off a couple times then the bears get wise to that then what?

Back on the old days, sheepherders would put herds down, then M-80 during the night to keep coyotes off. They also incorporated dogs into their herds.

None of that means we support listing. But him stealing money from YOU rather than protect his herd, shows what a DB he is. He wants the multiplier because he knows he ain't got 294 dead calves.

And I'd forgot his sheep escapades. Reminded of that, I feel pretty secure with my position

Thinking if I lost 314 calves in one year, I'd be hiring that few extra cowboys?

Please tell me he isn't demanding compensation for them killed on public land

I read the article in the powell tribune. They are not sure what killed 20 calves. Longwell also said trophy game is eating all his grass

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom