Ground blind

oilcan

Long Time Member
I’m in need of a ground blind for an Archery Antelope Hunt. I had one lined up to borrow from a friend but apparently his son to it and forgot it where he was hunting.
Not looking to break the bank just need a sturdy one big enough to shoot a bow from. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks

I got one so I could stand up and stretch, fit 2 hunters, chairs, cooler, and ample draw room. It's lived through some gusty storms too one that blew it a couple hundred yards across the range.

I’m in need of a ground blind for an Archery Antelope Hunt. I had one lined up to borrow from a friend but apparently his son to it and forgot it where he was hunting.
Not looking to break the bank just need a sturdy one big enough to shoot a bow from. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks
I wouldn't go too cheap. Pronghorn country is generally windy and if it's moving around too much in the wind you might eat your tag. My 10 year old Double Bull blind is pretty awesome in any conditions.

Double Bull made some great blinds. Their brown predator camo blends in well for antelope hunts. Took them a few years later to come out with a green predator camo version. I still have them both and are far better to any of the others I have. Rainy weather was their only drawback.
Think Double Bull was bought out a few years after they came out with the green.

C7C58F8A-3759-47A9-9DF7-2D64E0C30D8C.jpeg

FAFF5FF5-2C63-44BC-B020-BD3DCCAC63F1.png

Blind bull makes great blinds but they are somewhat expensive. As mentioned above, it can be pretty windy in Wyo and elsewhere and cheaper blinds may not last long? I make my own that can withstand hurricane winds in Wyo!

In order to help your blind withstand high winds you should consider running a tie down from the top of each corner, from each side and in each ground level hoop. I use to get my stakes from Walmart the furnished little stakes are junk in my opinion. I used parachute cord for my tie downs.

In order to help your blind withstand high winds you should consider running a tie down from the top of each corner, from each side and in each ground level hoop. I use to get my stakes from Walmart the furnished little stakes are junk in my opinion. I used parachute cord for my tie downs.
I tossed the stakes supplied with the blind and replaced them all with 6 to 8 inch stakes.

Agree that the stakes that they usually supply with the blinds that look to be the gauge of a coat hanger are junk.

Anyone ever buy one of the 5 hub style blinds and have the hubs bind or that are so tight that one or more of the hubs rip right out of the blind walls trying to set-up or take down?

Horniac

Agree that the stakes that they usually supply with the blinds that look to be the gauge of a coat hanger are junk.

Anyone ever buy one of the 5 hub style blinds and have the hubs bind or that are so tight that one or more of the hubs rip right out of the blind walls trying to set-up or take down?

Horniac
I have broken the hubs. Nothing a roll if wire and duct tape wont fix.:mad:

Old as I am I learned something on the web: watch instructional videos from blind manufacture. I broke a few hubs until I read the instructions. If ya do it right there are still a few issues, if ya do it wrong there can be many frustrating issues ! GRRRRR

Old as I am I learned something on the web: watch instructional videos from blind manufacture. I broke a few hubs until I read the instructions. If ya do it right there are still a few issues, if ya do it wrong there can be many frustrating issues ! GRRRRR
Good idea

Have you guys had any blinds turn colors from being out in the sun. I'm looking around a bit too and heard some of the cheaper ones' color fades and gets a tinge of pink/red/blue. I've seen them on Camofire too (MUddy Ameristep, etc.), but skeptical with the color changing

I haven’t had a blind do what you're saying, but my Browning trail cam’s are turning a funky blue/pink color. I know, very helpful.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom