Ground Blinds: Does anyone make ground blinds with a floor to keep out critters?

I thought the whole idea of using one was to get critters! LOL

Back to reality and to your question: I'm unaware of one that has a floor. Seems like a good idea in some areas.

Zeke

The older Ameri-Step had one. I think it was the Care-Taker. Might look on E-Bay or Craig's list.

Your other option that would work good would be to get some indoor-outdoor carpet, or a canvas tarp and cut it about 2 feet bigger than your blind. Lay it all out and seal the edges and gaps with material. The floor is easily removable and then any blind works!!

Critters will just chew anything u use. I do use a small piece of carpet in front of me in case I kneel to shoot
That's super smart...I honestly never thought of that. How big of a piece do you use?? And do you just leave it there when you set the blind up, or pack it every time?

That's super smart...I honestly never thought of that. How big of a piece do you use?? And do you just leave it there when you set the blind up, or pack it every time?
I get a piece about 3X4 of the indoor/outdoor carpet type. Its thin and light and rolls up well. When I leave the blind I roll it up and stand it up in a corner. Works great.

My grandmother told me many years ago that if you encircle your area with rope it will keep the snakes out as they don‘t like to slither over the rough surface!

Horniac
Lol, that’s an old wives tale. I used to catch illegal aliens who thought the same thing. Some aliens used to sleep on the railroad tracks in between the rails because they thought the snakes wouldn’t slither over. I remember 7 of them one night getting plowed over by a Union Pacific train. Sad but true.

Lol, that’s an old wives tale. I used to catch illegal aliens who thought the same thing. Some aliens used to sleep on the railroad tracks in between the rails because they thought the snakes wouldn’t slither over. I remember 7 of them one night getting plowed over by a Union Pacific train. Sad but true.
Yeah I know old wives tail. Oh man run over by a train that’s a tough way to go!

She also told me when you cut a rattlesnake’s head off they don’t die until sunset haha. Actually thought there might be some truth to that one as I remember reading some snake stories as a kid; one being a rancher that cut a rattlesnake’s head off in his backyard and it was coiled up headless at his back door a couple hours later. Still gives me the creeps to this day lol…

Horniac

Yeah I know old wives tail. Oh man run over by a train that’s a tough way to go!

She also told me when you cut a rattlesnake’s head off they don’t die until sunset haha. Actually thought there might be some truth to that one as I remember reading some snake stories as a kid; one being a rancher that cut a rattlesnake’s head off in his backyard and it was coiled up headless at his back door a couple hours later. Still gives me the creeps to this day lol…

Horniac
Now that’s interesting. Honestly who knows, I know that if I was half as smart as I think I am I truly would be dangerous! :LOL:??

7 aliens? Shoot I'm glad the train got them little green suckers! What did they look like?

7 aliens? Shoot I'm glad the train got them little green suckers! What did they look like?
It’s not a pretty sight, trains roll human flesh up into a ball of mass meat, you can’t tell if it’s male or female. I once pulled an imbed human tooth out of a railroad tie with my leather man.

It’s not a pretty sight, trains roll human flesh up into a ball of mass meat, you can’t tell if it’s male or female. I once pulled an imbed human tooth out of a railroad tie with my leather man.
lol...yeah but he asked about martian aliens.....

I’ve seen them painted green and all different colors during their Dia de Muertos holidays. Hundreds I would say….

Another thread that got WAY OFF topic.
I have used these light weight cloth table clothes on the ground for my pop up blinds. They are semi water proof, quiet, light blue on one side (face to ground) and dark blue on the other. When done for the day I pick them up and hang them from the blind bow rods if I am leaving the blind up. I like the ground to be clean/clear of anything when I poke my head in at zero dark 30 to inspect for critters and snakes.

Glad you got back on topic…. I hunted from a blind in Texas that had a floor, (lots of snakes there). Had shock cord poles and ….. I’ll see if I can get a brand and a picture

I
Glad you got back on topic…. I hunted from a blind in Texas that had a floor, (lots of snakes there). Had shock cord poles and ….. I’ll see if I can get a brand and a picture
I knew a guy in South Texas who hunted white tails by opening up his bathroom window and shooting them in his back yard. I kid you not. To each their own.

I see I can get a brand

B7494078-4E73-4640-9CC3-0632DFEBFE6F.jpeg

I

I knew a guy in South Texas who hunted white tails by opening up his bathroom window and shooting them in his back yard. I kid you not. To each their own.
This one was set up about 150 yards from a pond that was for cattle and an occasional Nilgai. We didn’t see either. A couple turkeys and several Javelina. Zero whitetails

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom