Grouper fish and chips

philthy

One of those rare times we agree on something for dinner! For the batter, I used 1 cup of flour, 1 teaspoon of baking powder and 1 teaspoon of salt. Pat the filets dry and lightly coat in the dry batter. Then I mixed in half a bottle of Corona into the batter and dredged the filets.

20220511_193724.jpg

Not sure how to describe it, lol. To me, it's not fishy but really firm and flakey. Really mild flavored. It's flakey like a walleye (my favorite!) but not as sweet. Probably my favorite salt water fish! Pretty hard to find and it's a little spendy, but non fish lovers usually like it. Not near as good as tilefish, but don't get me started on that! I'm sure I didn't help. ? There's so much you can do with this God's creation.

To me, I have trouble telling the difference between flounder, red fish or sea trout….. all are so much better than the salmon/trout species……… on my palate

One of those rare times we agree on something for dinner! For the batter, I used 1 cup of flour, 1 teaspoon of baking powder and 1 teaspoon of salt. Pat the filets dry and lightly coat in the dry batter. Then I mixed in half a bottle of Corona into the batter and dredged the filets.

View attachment 76166
That’s it! Looks like an appetizer, put some more fish and chips on that plate! Looks good, bet it tastes even better.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom