Guess I will finally be forced to wear a mask

cbat

Got the email from Gilbert yesterday. All on range oryx hunters and guest will be required to wear masks. Pre hunt meeting will be broadcast over FM radio that you stay in your truck to listen to. Lots of changes

Wearing a mask while out hunting would be a complete joke. You are not going to get or spread COVID hiking around the desert. Good to hear that it is just when contacting hunt officials.

I'm just hoping the Governor doesn't cancel any hunts. Being restricted from fishing Elephant Butte has been bad enough. I guess residents should be thankful that she has allowed access from 9am to 8pm Thursday to Sunday. Hopefully this whole COVID mess wakes up enough liberal voting NM residents into voting a non liberal into office.

First concentrated hunt started this weekend, youth antelope. Some are non residents. Nothing said about "emergency" cancellations at the weekly Thursday fireside chat.

Mostly because even though hunts are state sponsered, nearly all take place on federal land.

I guess you could wear a black and white mask and use it as a decoy to stalk up to an oryx for a shot.

Don't have to wear a mask while hunting or driving after the check in, orientation over loud speakers. When checking out each day hunters and crew must stay in the vehicle.

In the field:

You will not be required to have your mask on in the vehicle or in the field while hunting. If you are approached by hunt officials or NMDGF stay 6 feet apart. If this can’t be maintained please put your mask on.

Checking out:

All hunters and guests will be required to stay in the vehicle. Please roll down your window so we can communicate and get your harvest information. We will be social distancing at the gate so masks will not be required if you choose.

Shoot man, as somewhat of an anti-masker myself, even if it meant I had to wear a stupid "face covering" the entire hunt, I'd still be willing to do that for the privilege of hunting oryx. So I refuse to feel bad for you... :cool:

Good luck--I'm envious.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom