guess the score

STOMPER

i shot this bull last year on a pack in elk hunt in unit 36 by ruidoso.

i had been packed in hiking hell holes for 6 days staright which landed me on day 3 of my muzzleloader hunt.

i had been chasing a 7x7 when i saw this guy. i was physically exhausted at that poit and knew i was on my last leg. it was last light and the 7x7 was held up in some trees 200 yards away and i decided to shoot this bull simply because he was so wide.

i honestly thought he was a 220" type 5x5 and decided to take him and hike to the nearest road and call my wife for extraction.

well i retreived my bull the next day with horses and never really had energy enough to analyze him and enjoy the moment.

when i got my bull back last week i was blown away. i could have sworn i shot a rag horn.

lets just say hes much bigger than 220".

anyone care to guess his score???

48132img2602.jpg

>i shot this bull last year
>on a pack in elk
>hunt in unit 36 by
>ruidoso.
>
>i had been packed in hiking
>hell holes for 6 days
>staright which landed me on
>day 3 of my muzzleloader
>hunt.
>
>i had been chasing a 7x7
>when i saw this guy.
>i was physically exhausted at
>that poit and knew i
>was on my last leg.
>it was last light and
>the 7x7 was held up
>in some trees 200 yards
>away and i decided to
>shoot this bull simply because
>he was so wide.
>
>i honestly thought he was a
>220" type 5x5 and decided
>to take him and hike
>to the nearest road and
>call my wife for extraction.
>
>
>well i retreived my bull the
>next day with horses and
>never really had energy enough
>to analyze him and enjoy
>the moment.
>
>when i got my bull back
>last week i was blown
>away. i could have sworn
>i shot a rag horn.
>
>
>lets just say hes much bigger
>than 220".
>
>anyone care to guess his score???
>
>
>
48132img2602.jpg

The beast must be pushing "400 stomp ??☺

301 6/8--assuming that's an oversized sofa, I limited inside spread to the length of the main beam and rounded up...

Elk is nice but I wanna see the cat mount from the front. Many people dream of 1 Leapord hunt and Dang you got 2 of them bad boys.

LAST EDITED ON May-10-17 AT 01:33PM (MST)[p]Nice bull. Great color too.
I'd say 300+ bull. It has mass & tinge length. Could be bigger with just the one pic.

well i officially scored him at 329". he had 47" beams. his fronts and 3rds were all between 16.5" and 18.5". i just dont know why i thought all his tines were 12" when i shot him. i think im loosing it lol.

ok so heres a better picture of the cats guys lol

97089img2614.jpg

80274img2615.jpg

19444img2616.jpg

25652img2618.jpg

16511img2617.jpg

and here are the elephants actual tusks. the ones in the mount are replicas of these. these both weigh 90lbs each

7854img2619.jpg

well u sure as hell cant use it on my bull. i saw how you measured your rag horn.

that was just plain direspectful! i shoulda beat you with a rubber hose for that crap!

am i missing something?

i didnt know 320 was a big bull.

maybe it is to you guys but when you cant keep track of the 390 bulls youve shot then 320 isnt all that big ???????????

i'll try to remember this is mm and all you gus are pros. i totally forgot to subtract 100" to keep everyones egos up and at em!

is that better paul??? friggin goat lover!

i remember that 320 bull you shot paul. heck mines more like 190" compared to yours! your killin me paula

btw paul i may have some antelope tags for ya for next year. if my judging is up to par we may be able to go shoot some 10" goats by roswell.

its all free. only cuz i hate you so much

36 should be the states top big bull unit since 80% of the Bulls up there are now considered 330 5x5's!!! Lol just finding a 6x6 will be a guaranteed 350 bull!!

Hahaha sorry couldn't resist, I'll borrow that tape next, maybe we all will have a few 390's in the shed.

329.............?
250-260!
Stomper only posted this so he could show off his other mounts without trying to look like he's bragging

Nice mounts though

Joe

"Sometimes you do things wrong for so long you
think their right" - 2001
"I can't argue with honesty" - 2005
-Joe E Sikora

>329.............?
>250-260!
>Stomper only posted this so he
>could show off his other
>mounts without trying to look
>like he's bragging
>
>Nice mounts though
>
>Joe
At least we did not have to endure another pic of him with his shirt off.

Yeah NMPaul can't take another one of those

Joe

-Joe E Sikora

LAST EDITED ON May-12-17 AT 01:40AM (MST)[p]i want to go on the record as saying i strongly dislike you guys. each and everyone.

now i have to add joe sicko or sickkoro or whatever to my list to? where are all the donkey holes coming from.

and yes. every bull i saw in ruidoso was at least 350.

dont hate me cuz my eyes see big stuff and yours dont. just means my hunts are twice as exciting.

but in all seriousness i do love the mounts. animal artistry in reno did them. they are the best with cats in my books.

honestly i just love hunting and a mount for me is a hunt thats relived every single friggin day.

i live in a home full of memories and sometimes i do want to share with someone. hell anyone, even paulette.

I have deleted both comebacks I had because they are over the line. Hey, the cats are cool. They would scare my special boy though.

8325hpim0313.jpg

Thanks Stomper I was feeling lonely! LOL!

They are some beautiful mounts Congrats!

Joe

-Joe E Sikora

Hey Some of us still Luv ya, Most of us would give their right nut to hunt those animals that you have seen and taken.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom