Guess the Score.

Rough Country

One of our hunters took this buck in 2019 here in Alberta, its been officially scored after the 60 day drying period, just a fun game to play and a bit of a difficult deer to score with all the extra's take a stab at it, I've posted a few different angles to help.
bens buck.JPG

bens buck 3.JPG

bens buck 2.JPG

That's just plain out one of those "WOW" factor bucks. I have no idea what it would score. I'm pretty sure it's 200+.
Maybe around 221" gross.

Hey rough country. So far you’ve liked all the scores from 193 through 226?
Are you eventually going to tell us which one you like the most?
Fun topic on a great buck thanks

I'm pretty sure it's a lot closer to 226 than 193.
With it being officially scored, it probably is in the upper 230s.

It’s got some mass for sure buts it’s hard for me to say it’s over 198. It’s a damn nice one for sure I have a 185 gross on the wall that’s real similar.

FCF03776-6595-48BB-BE50-4D46B55913DA.jpeg

It looks like a small frame to me. I shoot that buck any day. However I I think it is 186. I am probably way off I cannot see how you guys are getting some of these scores. Maybe I need to look at the pictures again, maybe I have missed a tine or 4.

That buck is awesome, everything I look for in a deer and then some. Mass, extra’s, and 15+ inches of bone in brows and junk on his bases, so sweet. Rough country, if you can show me some bucks comparable to that one on a hunt, probably ought to get it booked.

It looks like a small frame to me. I shoot that buck any day. However I I think it is 186. I am probably way off I cannot see how you guys are getting some of these scores. Maybe I need to look at the pictures again, maybe I have missed a tine or 4.
Don’t forget this is likely a Canadian Muley. His head is probably as big as a horse which may make the rack look smaller than it really is.
After giving him a closer look
I think he has a 185-ish main frame with about 20 inches of extras. He’s got good mass and extra long eyeguards that will bump the score another 5 inches or so.
After giving him a closer look I will change my guess to 210 gross.

maybe your not have as hard of a time finding 180" bucks after all. Maybe your just underscoring all the bucks you come across. lol
That buck is a lot bigger than my 191" buck I killed this year.

That buck is awesome, everything I look for in a deer and then some. Mass, extra’s, and 15+ inches of bone in brows and junk on his bases, so sweet. Rough country, if you can show me some bucks comparable to that one on a hunt, probably ought to get it booked.

These 2 came out in 2019 as well.

D11E84FE-3A4B-47F3-83C6-BD674578AB71.jpeg

BBB4F894-44DA-437D-8CC9-8A6CA920036D.jpeg

Last edited:
Don’t forget this is likely a Canadian Muley. His head is probably as big as a horse which may make the rack look smaller than it really is.
After giving him a closer look
I think he has a 185-ish main frame with about 20 inches of extras. He’s got good mass and extra long eyeguards that will bump the score another 5 inches or so.
After giving him a closer look I will change my guess to 210 gross.

You have hit it on the head with this one ?

I see a 175 buck with 15 in extra = 190. Waiting on pins and needles to have you reveal real number .

Here is some of the measurements off the score sheet,
Right Antler-95 3/8" 8 scoreable points
Left Antler-106 1/4" 9 scoreable points
greatest spread- 20 1/4"

gross score total- 221 7/8"

for reference, this deer had a girth measurement of 35" on the neck, his neck and head make the antlers look a fair bit smaller then they are, this is a common thing for our Canadian Bucks though, we estimated his on the hoof weight to have been 325-350 lbs perhaps more.

Rough Country
interesting and informative topic. Thanks for letting us know what he scored. I guess I should have stayed with my wow factor estimate.
Either way that buck is an absolute tank.

That's just plain out one of those "WOW" factor bucks. I have no idea what it would score. I'm pretty sure it's 200+.
Maybe around 221" gross.
ridgetops
You missed the score by seven eights of an inch. Come on man you’re slipping. LOL.
Good job.

Wow, that follow up picture really puts that buck into perspective. Fooled me. Kinda eye opening.

Side note, the heavy typical with extras off the G3’s is a dream.

Last edited:
Here is some of the measurements off the score sheet,
Right Antler-95 3/8" 8 scoreable points
Left Antler-106 1/4" 9 scoreable points
greatest spread- 20 1/4"

gross score total- 221 7/8"

for reference, this deer had a girth measurement of 35" on the neck, his neck and head make the antlers look a fair bit smaller then they are, this is a common thing for our Canadian Bucks though, we estimated his on the hoof weight to have been 325-350 lbs perhaps more.

I got 212 before reading the comments, had him at 93" on the right, and 103 on the left. but I only gave him 16 for a inside spread. Stud buck.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom