Guess these buck's ages.

Huntnful

I got three deer aged last year and thought it would be cool to try and guess their ages (I actually know their ages already). I know it'll be a bit different because I only have one living photo of one buck, the rest are just the "trophy" photos. So it won't be as technical as having the standing multi-angle photos. But it was very cool to have them aged and learn a little bit more about them and thought it be fun to see what everyone thought, instead of just saying their ages. I know it sure surprised me!

These are their bottom front middle teeth. The teeth you actually turn in. I'll post the photos of the bucks in conjunction with their teeth, from left to right.
IMG_8352.jpeg
6D00F299-C0AF-4FBB-B729-7BA5422C7C47.jpeg

Teeth on the far left
PPLO2640.jpeg

Teeth in the middle
IMG_7555.jpeg

Teeth on the far right
IMG_6383.jpeg

Shouldn't have showed the teeth, that's kind of a give away to an extent.
That’s actually a good point. But it’s also tough to make a guess just one the on angle kill pictures. I better leave them up to make it fair. Thank you though!

Last edited:
This is funny

3, 5, 4
Definitely lol. When people say "he could have used another year" but in reality it's basically impossible to tell how old they are. Especially once they get over 3 or 4 years old. And I have pictures of the actual teeth to look at haha. I will say, some are close on one, and some are WAY off on another.

Very cool , the one with rottenness teeth was from the bay area ??? so it’s tough to say , jk jk jk !!!! I’m going 5 5 4

This gentleman was the closest guesser. Only being off by a total of 4 years between the three bucks.

The first buck (teeth on the left) was 7.5 years old. Killed right here in California.

The second buck (middle set of teeth) was 10.5 years old. The oldest buck aged last year out of a batch of 200 teeth.

The third buck (teeth on the right) was 5.5 years old. Most people got that one pretty close.

Thank you!

Aging these deer definitely taught me not to guess anymore. Once they’re a mature buck, it’s too hard to tell lol.

I just posted up the ages! You had them in order from oldest to youngest correctly! But they were 7.5, 10.5 & 5.5
Dang no wonder I sucked in school can’t even cheat my way to the bottom.

I was starting to think I was getting good at guessing ages, you wrecked my hopes and dreams, thanks alot... pretty weird how different they are just based on the deer itself, not just age

10.5 is an OLD buck........not common
You got that right! Crazy old! What a life he lived, surviving through 10 winters and hunting seasons.
I was starting to think I was getting good at guessing ages, you wrecked my hopes and dreams, thanks alot... pretty weird how different they are just based on the deer itself, not just age
Hahaha it really is difficult!!
#1 youngest...#2 oldest #3 inbetweener
#1 was 7.5, #2 was 10.5, #3 was 5.5

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom