Guide or outfitter help

I don't know the cost of an "an arm and a leg" either. You didn't say whether you are looking at deer or elk. But Outfitted guided hunts in these areas are going to be $4,500 to $7,000.

Why 11/211? Hardly any animals worth paying for a guide in those units... Rag Horn Bulls make up 80%+ of the elk with very few being older than 4 years old. For deer they have hammered the bucks and most likely you will be hard pressed to find a 3 year old over 140.

Double H (I have issues with this guy/his employees as he constantly tries to chase us off the public near the 4M), Shelton Ranch has always seemed like good people, but not sure about hunt quality. Louisiana Purchase Ranch Has Hunts(not sure about this place),

The guy I know the best is H and H Outfitting out of Meeker. John Halandras. He has always been fair, honest and hard working. If I was looking he would be my first choice. But I am not sure how much they have in 11/211

elks96 is right on. Johnny H is one hard working guy. His meat processing facility is the best in Colorado as far as being clean and well organized. A better variety of products would help. He bust his butt to get elk out in 24 hours if needed. Nine Mile has the best hunting. Very few mature anything---but a good number of animals.

Why 11/211? Hardly any animals worth paying for a guide in those units... Rag Horn Bulls make up 80%+ of the elk with very few being older than 4 years old. For deer they have hammered the bucks and most likely you will be hard pressed to find a 3 year old over 140.

Double H (I have issues with this guy/his employees as he constantly tries to chase us off the public near the 4M), Shelton Ranch has always seemed like good people, but not sure about hunt quality. Louisiana Purchase Ranch Has Hunts(not sure about this place),

The guy I know the best is H and H Outfitting out of Meeker. John Halandras. He has always been fair, honest and hard working. If I was looking he would be my first choice. But I am not sure how much they have in 11/211
I’m NR with 3 PP figured I could draw 11/211 2nd with 3 PP only other unit would feel comfortable with is 22 but no chance to draw that unit with 3. 68 years old with knee surgeries and other issues I can’t get around like I use to is the reason why I’m considering a guide. love Colorado hunting, started hunting there in the early 90s.

elks96 is right on. Johnny H is one hard working guy. His meat processing facility is the best in Colorado as far as being clean and well organized. A better variety of products would help. He bust his butt to get elk out in 24 hours if needed. Nine Mile has the best hunting. Very few mature anything---but a good number of animals.
Yes I’ve had meat processed at H&H they are excellent.

I completely agree with the assessment of the Deer and Elk in the area, as stated above. You actually have a lot of options for hunts, in a lot of units, if you’re willing to hire an outfitter, that would have much better potential quality for Deer, and probably Elk as well.

I’d check in with Bull Basin Guides a little further south, as well as Clay Hill guides and outfitters.

Sako76 you need to visit Steve's Meat Denver.....lousy attitude, service and sky high prices with Steve's daughter taking over the business. Steve was excellent. I have found H & H to be high quality and very clean which is very important to me. There are alternatives but lower price pale to excellent product and services. With H &h YOU will get your own meat back,,, not the case at some other places.

Here's a better look. I hear H&H runs a great outfit, just out of the Ops price range.​

Dates and Prices​

We offer fully guided elk, mule deer, antelope and mountain lion hunts. We are now accepting reservations for the 2020 seasons! The 2020 season dates and prices are below. Please ensure you also reference the CP&W Big Game Hunting guide for any rules and regulations changes. Application deadline is the first Tuesday in April every year, for 2021 it is April 6, 2021. Contact us if you need any assistance.
Click on the following for information about our rules, polices and more:

2021 Season Dates​

Archery September 2 - 30
Muzzleloader September 11 - 19
1st Rifle(Elk only, Drawing only)October 16 - 20
2nd Rifle(Combo Elk and Deer)October 30 - November 7
3rd Rifle(Combo Elk and Deer)November 13 - 19
4th Rifle(Elk only, Drawing only)November 24 - 28

2021 Prices​

** All prices exclude license fees and meat processing**
ELK ARCHERY/MUZZLELOADER (BULL) 5 DAY HUNTS
1st Week Archery9/4 - 9/8
$7000.00​
2nd Week Archery/Muzzleloader9/11 - 9/15
$7000.00​
3rd Week9/18 - 9/22
$7000.00​
4th Week Archery9/25 - 9/29
$7000.00​
ELK RIFLE (BULL) 5 DAY HUNTS
1st Week10/16 - 10/20
$7000.00​
2nd Week10/30 - 11/3
$7000.00​
3rd Week11/13 - 11/17
$7000.00​
4th Week11/24 - 11/28
$6500.00​
MULE DEER ARCHERY/MUZZLELOADER
(Can be hunted on any of the archery hunts or with a muzzleloader during the muzzleloader season) Licenses must be drawn.
$6000.00​
MULE DEER RIFLE 5 DAY HUNTS - License must be drawn
2nd Week10/30 - 11/3
$6500.00​
3rd Week11/13 - 11/17 (2x1)
$6500.00​
3rd Week (Trophy Hunt)11/13 - 11/17 (1x1)
$7000.00​
4th Week (Trophy Hunt)11/18 - 11/22 (1x1)
$7000.00​
ELK/MULE DEER COMBO HUNTS
$9500.00
to $11000.00​
COW ELK 3 DAY HUNTS - License must be drawn
$3000.00
-$3500.00​
Cow Elk hunts are all inclusive 3 day schedules. Cow hunts begin in October and continue through the entire month of December.
** All prices are excluding license fees and meat processing**

H&H LLC. dba H&H Processing and Outfitting
68656 Hwy. 64 - PO Box 1006 - Meeker, Colorado 81641
Phone: 970.878.5151 or 970.878.5126
email: [email protected]
Colorado Outfitters License #1208​

Copyright © 2021 H&

I think you will find their guiding prices are about the same as the better outfitters in Meeker. For sure there are some that are less but most of them have lower success. I have hunted with several of these outfitters over the years....just for access to private ranches. Public in Colorado is not for me....just a mess as far as I am concerned.

We weren't talking about success, we were talking price! I've hunted with 4 different outfitters in the Hamilton/Meeker area, success around 90% for elk and deer, hunts were between $3K and $5K. I also hunted near Nine Mile Ranch, their elk weren't any bigger than the ones we shot!

love Colorado hunting, started hunting there in the early 90s.
Enjoy it while you can, once they really start
The wolf reintroduction colorado hunting IS going to change think its, hard finding game now you haven't,seen anything yet

In my personal experience in RECENT years there are only 3-4 outfitters in these areas that have a 90% kill rate in spite of what they claim. There are several that are just plain dishonest and there are a couple that overbook. There are several that hunt mostly public with a little private. The only ranch that I am familiar with with SOME mature bulls on a regular basis is Buffalo Horn. The ones that are getting "an arm & leg" are the ones that year in year out do well ie: $3-$5,000 for a combo was several years ago. Utah, Nevada, New Mexico, Wyoming and Arizona have the corner on "ARM & LEG" guided hunts. There are some in Colorado that get north of $10,000. Quality hunting is getting very expensive and the demand is high. You might try Hooker Mountain Outfitters in Hayden. They do a good job for less money. The name is not for the girls but for a family that the mountain is named after. HA Craig has a couple of lower priced outfitters that do a reasonably good job.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom