Guide Recommendations Arizona North Kaibab 12A West Late Hunt

Rideandshoot

Well 16 years after signing this tag over to my then 16 year old son I’m going to get my crack at it. I always figured that I would hunt in the same area he an I did, around the area known as White Pockets. That may be exactly what we do but I’m contemplating using a guide for the first time so I’m looking for recommendations.

Thanks

Congrats on the tag; It’s beautiful country. Many good options for guides up there. I haven’t ever personally used any of them but if I did I think I would go with High Point Outfitters. I have spoke with some acquaintances who used them and all had great experiences. Good luck, everyone on that hunt needs it, not exactly a slam dunk for a big buck.

Not criticism or any judgement here, at all….. If you’re planning on hunting a “Spot” on a rut/Migration tag like that, you may be hunting with one arm, and one leg tied behind your back.

Congratulations on drawing one of the best Mule deer tags in the country, IMHO…..

I’d probably call: Highpoint, Bond Trophy hunts, David Matthews, Arizona Custom hunts

Best of luck, and please post up a pic of a giant buck with a floating beam, and some super sweet extras!!

Duwane Adams Outfitt. He Handed it over to his son in law who is great and has most of the same guides . Nick is Great guy and hunter. Best Experience I ever had with an Outfitter !

If not guided do you have any family or friends coming along? I did the same hunt solo last year and did fine. My son came along for a few days.
With the change of the camera law it might even out your chances a bit with guided folks.

Duwane the dude that just went down for poaching and illegal guiding so "turned it over to his son in law"? I'd stay away from that.

The guy I think you are talking about is named Wade from Wade Lemon Hunting. He has had some recent "troubles".
Definitely Duwane Adams I'm talking about but seems like a lot of big time outfits like wade lemon and Ryan hatch getting dinged for things. Duwanes stuff started in 2020 and just convicted in March of 2022 but noone heard about it or cared because Duwanes a popular guy.

Screenshot_20220718-093306_Chrome.jpg

Duwane the dude that just went down for poaching and illegal guiding so "turned it over to his son in law"? I'd stay away from that.
Every Guide has had allagations against them or didn't get caught. I could name several that havent got caught. Alls I know it was a great experience that I had ,that couldn't be matched! Who do You support?...................BULL!

Not criticism or any judgement here, at all….. If you’re planning on hunting a “Spot” on a rut/Migration tag like that, you may be hunting with one arm, and one leg tied behind your back.

Congratulations on drawing one of the best Mule deer tags in the country, IMHO…..

I’d probably call: Highpoint, Bond Trophy hunts, David Matthews, Arizona Custom hunts

Best of luck, and please post up a pic of a giant buck with a floating beam, and some super sweet extras!!
Actually that realization is what has me thinking about a guide. The are my son and I hunted is actually that whole vicinity but it was all that altitude. If the bucks are higher at the beginning I’d be going in kinda blind. Thanks for the response BYW

Did I ask You Buzzy?You didn't answer me who is your guy? I really don't care what you think about My Character ,which I know is wonderfull...................BULL!

I don’t have a tag so it doesn’t matter. I just laugh that you would give your money to a guide who has been convicted of multiple hunting violations and think it’s a great thing to be hunting with him because every guide is breaking the law.

Seems like the bigger question is just how many times have you violated hunting regulations since they obviously don’t mean anything to you. I digress though and am done with your…….BULL

Go with your family... Create a lifelong memory with them in a place you'll likely never get to hunt again, an experience that is legitimately OIL. If there is a guide that let's your family come along, choose them. :)

I went with a Guide cause I was 63 ,hadn't been to the Kaibab in 25 years ,didn't know it, would of had to rent a camper as it's 10 degrees at nite , several scouting trips , didn't have the time. for about $1500 more I could have the best guide up there , no brainer. They were like Family . Couldn't find better people or hunters anywhere. Turned out to be great decission as I was very sick on the hunt and killed first night and slept for 2 days in Heated tent with nyquil. Would have had Pnmonia if I went on my own. There are some other great guides up there and I went with a guy I bought a glassing video off of 30years ago and had the most experience up there .My Avatar shows the result . Sir Buzzy ,don't question My integrity . You don't know Me never will and My hunt was 4 years ago. No allagations that far back. If you don't have a tag there get out of the conversation........BULL!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom