Guide services

C

clivehunts

Fellow Hunters,
If you are planning on an Alaskan hunt, specifically a bear hunt, do NOT use Revelation Mountain Outfitters. I just returned from an archery brown bear hunt and was disgusted with their service. I hope you have better luck with a guide than I did. I paid $10,000 to scout the area for the guide's hunts for next year and he did not comply with out contractual agreement and lost two full day of my hunting due to poor organization.

Along these lines say away from Sawtooth Outfitters in Central Idaho, he packs out of the Trappers Inn about an hour north of Fairfield Id.. Paid $1950.00 for what was claimed to be a quality drop camp, the tents were completely rotted through with black mold covered with some cheap tarp, the 1940 era coleman stove leaked so much gas we had to use a new bottle with each pot of coffee, the plates and pans were filthy beyond use, the dinning table was a child doll sent for little kids. The put us in an area he knew there was no game lying that we'd be the only hunters out of camp, turned out we were the 3rd party to use what amounted to a health hazored. The worst trip any of us have ever had and to top it off the day we arrived he left word with his staff that he couldn't or wouldn't bring us out on the agreed date adding an additional 4 days regardless of the fact that we didn't have enough food...hunted very hard walking at least 7 miles from camp to just to see a few scattered mini muleys. We ended up walking out from 13 miles when he failed to show up and we weren't the only ones walking out his staff told us several walked out the hunt before us some 10 miles further into Sawtooth Wilderness. About the only good thing we could say was his tuckered out mules were better than average, his horses were completely shot by the time we arrived with saddle rashes and lame. The Idaho Packers/Outfitter Association is useless for resolution and the Fish and Game more or less said it was nothing new, we've all hunted every state in the west and Texas on pack ins and guide trips so we've seen some shady outfits but this guy takes the cake hand down.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom