Gun control bill

Allows the Consumer Product Safety Commission to make safety standards.

That will be good, I am sure they will require 4 separate safeties to be realesed before you will be able to pull the trigger and two of them safeties you will need to activate at the same time you pull the trigger in order for the gun to fire.
Each bullet will be required to be in it's own child proof container.

So many things in this bill. I think if it passed then there will be some grisly times ahead. Most people are not crazy but many will be over all the taxes and stairs to climb with all these horse pucky rules.
At the very least they are going to rally for taxing or taking high capacity arms.
I guess they want all the thieves and loonies to be able to run around unchecked.

Special high taxing of firearms is no different than the Poll Tax. They cannot charge you to exercise Constitutional Rights...

Luckily that bill died with the 116th congress.....it will be harder for the 117th....

I've been trying to buy ammo here in California for almost three months now. I've been to 4 different places and they all tell me no. As per their instructions, I was online again with FARS. I submitted my DL and birth certificate and included the make, model and serial # of the gun I need ammo for. So, now I wait another month it see if that is accepted.....I guess. I was told it costs $16 but when I went to checkout it didn't ask for money....just booted me off the page.

I don't know who is more incompetent, the State or sporting goods dealers.

I've been trying to buy ammo here in California for almost three months now. I've been to 4 different places and they all tell me no. As per their instructions, I was online again with FARS. I submitted my DL and birth certificate and included the make, model and serial # of the gun I need ammo for. So, now I wait another month it see if that is accepted.....I guess. I was told it costs $16 but when I went to checkout it didn't ask for money....just booted me off the page.

Sadly the sporting goods stores are scared.....the state is arrogant and incompetent

Now they Know of one Gun You Have!

And How Young You Are!:D

Now they Know of one Gun You Have!

And How Young You Are!:D

That's the only gun I own. Honest.

They all said the best way would be to buy a new gun then DOJ is forced to do a background check in a timely manner. $1200 seems a little steep for a box of ammo.

I don't really need any right now. I just want to get in a position to buy when I need to. It makes me nervous knowing I can't.

I was getting low on shotgun shells but a buddy hooked me up with a case. He quit hunting a couple years ago.

Eel I went to Sportsman Wharehouse the other day and they had all of the rifle ammo except 6.5 and very little handgun ammo but they did have most calibers in stock. What ammo are you looking for

An update on our House. Someone please explain whether this makes private transfers a crime.

Not a crime if you run a bg check on the buyer through an FFL. Just means you and I can't meet somewhere where I give you $500 for a firearm you want to sell me and go our separate ways.

I actually thought this was already in place when they rammed through the red flag law...

Bluehair, CA. used to have the exemption for immediate family members, but not anymore. Every transfer has to go though a FFL licensed dealer and background check done.
On one hand, CA. has made it harder to transfer firearms for law abiding people, and the other hand is making money off of you by charging a fee to conduct a background check that takes about one minute of computer time. You can bet other states will follow that example and get their money also. I am waiting for the feds to start charging for NCIC background checks.
RELH

Humm. There should be a law that a criminal has to pass a background check before stealing a firearm.

This bill only serves to ensure every gun in the US is registered. And guess what the only purpose of that would be. It isn't to make sure everyone has their quota of guns.

I'm wondering how they could possibly know when a private tranfer between individuals took place. If I give a rifle that I bought 40 years ago to someone tomorow, who is to say I didn't give it to him 10 yearss ago?
True. Give me your double barreled 10 GA and if they ask we'll tell them you gave it to me years ago. :)

Screen Shot 2021-03-11 at 3.30.32 PM.png

They intend to reach a point in time where you can not possess a firearm that you legally got in a transfer that did not require paperwork being completed.
As for the point Eel brought up concerning having a list of your firearms so they can confiscate them. That matter started and took place under Bill Clinton's time in office.
ATF requested regulations to be changed that would make all FFL holders send in their log books and 4473 forms when they go out of business. NRA voiced opposition to it stating ATF wanted to build up a inventory list of what firearms were owned by citizens in the event of future confiscation.
ATF denied this and stated that they only wanted to check for legal sales and would destroy the 4473 forms after 30 days.
Congress believed ATF and allowed the regulation changes.
Several years after the above event I had a major burglary where the thieves stole the victim's gun safe and about 20 firearms and his list of firearms that he got stupid and stored in the safe.
I asked him where he had made his last purchase of firearms so I could go check their 4473 forms to gain the serial numbers and list the firearms as being stolen in the state and federal computers.
He named a firearm business that had gone out of business about 16 months prior to his theft as the last place he purchased 2-3 firearms.
On a hunch I contacted ATF in Washington D.C. and spoke to a female employee and explained my problem and investigation.
She said no problem I will check our records and fax your department copies of the 4473 forms from that business your victim bought guns from.
In two hours I had several copies of the 4473 forms that should have been destroyed after 30 days 15 months ago.
NO! the Feds and our government will not lie to you or to congress!!!!!
RELH

Illiterate Politicians and those that vote them in. Makes you wonder what the heck they are thinking when the cities and states with the highest crime has the strictest gun laws.:rolleyes:

DH56 it is not about common sense, it is about the agenda of a certain party that wants to do away with guns period, Nothing more or nothing less. It is part of their party platform that they will not admit to the general public.

RELH

DH56 it is not about common sense, it is about the agenda of a certain party that wants to do away with guns period, Nothing more or nothing less. It is part of their party platform that they will not admit to the general public.

RELH

And the ones pushing that agenda the hardest are the same ones, statistically, fixin' to die their natural deaths...

RELH
The Agenda has always been the same and unfortunately now we are the most vulnerable in decades due to our state of affairs in this country and one of our strongest pro gun civil rights organization reeling.

The ammo shortage along with other shortages are just too coincidental with the timing of all this. Makes you wonder how much control they have within. I suspect this is just the beginning of some serious Gun Control that will tie into ammo and other reloading supplies. I hope I am wrong, but being around Guns and Hunting/Trapping since the late 60's really has my concern at a high level based on what I am seeing happen around us, that I have not seen before.

The bill would ban the sale, manufacture, transfer, and importation of more than 200 "military-style assault weapons" identified by name, although owners would be allowed to keep existing weapons. The bill would also require background checks on any future purchases, trades or gifting of an assault weapon included in the bill.

I am willing to bet those 200 assault weapons will include every semi auto rifle that has a detachable magazine. Including some hunting rifles .This time they may get the Ruger mini 14 & 30 and the Springfield M1A1 the Browning BAR and Remington 740.
Bill also bans all magazines holding more then 10 rounds.
I hope all Democrat voting gun owners are happy with their votes.

RELH

If we can shut down businesses, schools, and churches, and get everyone to social distance and wear masks to save even one person, it's worth it. And if we can pass a bunch of gun laws and restrictions and maybe save even one life, it will be worth it. You people need to quit being so selfish.

If we could get an intelligence test to vote, and save one election, it would be worth it.
P.S. if you could prevent one abortion, it would save one life; why isn't that worth it also??? (Sorry Founder, not trying to be political).

If we could get an intelligence test to vote, and save one election, it would be worth it.
P.S. if you could prevent one abortion, it would save one life; why isn't that worth it also??? (Sorry Founder, not trying to be political).
? Ridiculous

So if your wife or daughter got savagely raped you would want them to have that asssholes kid?
Really?
Or do I misunderstand?

I’m totally down with not everyone being allowed to vote. Especially dead people & communists which both voted in large numbers last Nov.

When those people stoop down to "theft, rape, and murder", then your movie clip will apply.

The reality is that Mr. Manager and Mrs. Soccer Mom are not willing to give up the means that provides the 3/4 ton diesel that pulls the 5th wheel toy hauler and the Lincoln Navigator.

People are so attached to petty objects that they are willing to trade their birthright for 30 pieces of silver to a DC troop of baboons...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom