Gun for 12 yr old daughter

D

dneils

Its my daughters first year to hunt in nevada , I want to get a
muzle loader she can handle comfortably , I would like use it
also , I have a old t/c 50 cal but it ways a ton I dont know if
she could handle it . I was looking at posts on the omega and
it sounds like a good gun for both of us , what about 45 cal.

If you guys would give me some Ideas I would be greatfull ,

By the way if she dosent get one muz huntin she gets to go rifle , I got that coverd.

thanks guys ahead of time.

You can get a Bantam stock for the Encore that will fit her better, then change it to a regular stock when you want to use it. There's not a lot of difference in recoil between the .50 and .45 cal. It all comes down to how much powder you use. With no action, the Encore is also alot shorter than many other muzzleloaders, a consideration with a short stock. She can also use it as a centerfire just by changing barrels.

dneils:

A poster who frequents this forum just bought his wife a Knight Wolverine 209 with a 22' barrel that weighs 6 lbs. Plus, I know a pretty big guy that hunts with one -- he loves it -- I'm considering the new 26" version that will be out this spring.

Another one to consider is the T/C Wildcat 209 22". It looks to be a smaller sister to the Black Diamond. Both of these rifles shoot darn well.

Honey!.. I swear I got that stainless rifle free from an elderly widow at work that recently lost her husband.. I would never lie to you babycakes!

thanks sheephunter that is a good idea now I need to get mamas
ok and were off to the store.

my little girl is a crack shot with her 22 its going to be
interesting how she deals with bigger guns.

thanks also tripple7

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom