gun maker sued in VA sniper case.

I didn't go look because it'll just piss me off.

But, do you hold the makers of Prescription drugs liable for illegal drug use?

Do you hold the Auto makers liable for a DWI fatality?

I believe we could go on and on.

So is everyone liable in the case of the sniper case? Gun case maker, folks who made screws in the gun? Ammo maker? primers, powder, bullet, case?

It's all stupid. Personal responsibility is where it was for years and where it still should be. None of the crap of its not my fault.

Did you see that 3's enough actor(can't call his name right now) family is suing because the hospital etc... mis diagnosed and caused his death? Humans can only do their best. At times they miss. Usually due to not common symptoms etc.. And years ago the technology was not there to prevent anurisms. Now we should be thankful they do as well as they do. We can't live forever anyway......

Off my soapbox I hope.

Jeff

Jeff,

I couldnt agree more. Only in America. They are saying that because the junior of the two suspects was 17 and went in bought the gun and walked out with it they are responsible. that all parties named were negligent when they were cross checking each other. in other words the distributor was not policing the retailer the gunmaker was not policing the distributor. now is it the responsibilty of the gun maker to police everybody down the line to the end user?

i hate to think where we will be on these issues 20 years from now. do we sue the state game and fish depts for not controlling wildlife and letting them cross highways and cause accidents?
could bill clinton sue Mcdonalds for clogged up plumbing from all the big macs? would that be negligence through careless dispersment of fatty foods without a prior health screening?

Shoulda went and looked. In the case of age, the retailer is responsible for the mistake. No one else.

The only way the company could check(why should they have to?) is to have a law that says they can check the records of each of their retailers. Who wants the kind of law and why do we need it anyway.

Jeff

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom