Gun Paint Jobs...lets see them

Bluehair

Long Time Member
I sent this old timer in for a spa day. Besides some upgrades, I decided on a Cerakote paint job. Its hideous and I currently have another in that I hope turns out just as hideous. :)

I like the tiger-stripe camo but these days I'm trying to make things easier to find not harder. Lets see yours.
IMG_0295.JPG

I like it! The regular camo paint or ceracote jobs are getting kind of played out. Good job being creative and coming up with something different. I think it was Zeke, that had a rifle with an orange stock that I thought was neat too. I don’t have anything to show that’s not factory, but I’ve been dreaming of getting the equipment together to duplicate a stock and build the blank out of Walnut segments. I see laminates of all sorts of colors, but I haven’t seen a segmented one yet. I guess it could be cool. If not, at least it’s different.

Here’s mine. This O/U is affectionately named UGLY for my many layers of paint applied over the years. My dad says she weighs 5 lbs more than she did the day I bought her from all of the paint. Lol
I wouldn’t take $3000 for that old gun & I think I gave just under $400 for it. She absolutely hates turkeys!!!

92FC9959-1212-49DA-9AA0-9D7297E0B79E.jpeg

Here’s mine. This O/U is affectionately named UGLY for my many layers of paint applied over the years. My dad says she weighs 5 lbs more than she did the day I bought her from all of the paint. Lol
Hey, I like rattle cans. Back in the day we used to have to paint all our own archery stuff. I even have yamaha blue flames painted on one of my old broncos to remember my drinkin days. :rolleyes:

I don’t have anything to show that’s not factory, but I’ve been dreaming of getting the equipment together to duplicate a stock and build the blank out of Walnut segments. I see laminates of all sorts of colors, but I haven’t seen a segmented one yet. I guess it could be cool. If not, at least it’s different.
I hear what you say about wood, but that laminating project sounds like a ton of work. There are some cool exotics though and maybe the scraps are cheap. Take pitchers.

Walmart 6.5 creedmoor- 375.00, Walmart spray paint 20.00. It is possibly my most accurate rifle
5C354713-F023-4C57-BE20-DBA605A7BC0D.jpeg

^^^That is really good. If you don't mind me asking, how did you get the web spattered on there like that? I have a can of that underliner stuff that has speckles but it would never turn out as good as yours.

Hey, I like rattle cans. Back in the day we used to have to paint all our own archery stuff. I even have yamaha blue flames painted on one of my old broncos to remember my drinkin days. :rolleyes:
Lol... the Yamaha blue flames on the old Bronco is awesome!!! ?

Thanks...happens to be a tang safety ruger, 300 win. Was the first new rifle I bought when I got out of college 35 years ago. I took it in to be re-barreled but that was the only thing I ended up salvaging. :) I vote for the 338-06.....bad azz elk gun.

Walmart actually has a spider web spray that leaves a real nice heavy texture that allows your hand to grip. The under coat also has a little texture.

Thanks! I used Duracoat for the base coat. For the primary colors I just used Behr exterior house paint that I had mixed to match KUIU’s colors. I still have 2 cans of Duracoat matte clear to spray on it to protect the finish.

3TOE
That looks awesome! I normally just dip mine if going KUIU.
What paint did you use on it?
To be completely honest... it would have been cheaper if I just had the thing professionally dipped. Lol
Regardless... it was a fun project & I couldn’t be happier with how it turned out given I did it all by hand.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom