Guns or Hollywood

cannonball

Very Active Member
During my years of working, one of the key catch words for correcting that problem was to identify the Root Problem or Root Problems. Then decide on the best way to correct the problem(s). Some times it was easy and some times it was not, but it seems with with these shootings we are sighting in on one item "gun control" and the other root causes get lip service. I'm getting up there in years and have seen this time coming for 30 plus years. I believe a lot of us are part of the problem, not with guns, but with entertainment and attitude. I love NCIS, Law and Order, Forensic Files, etc. I don't have kids at home to watch it. Do you have a child that is a loner? Always watching TV or Video Games? Has Dad got his nose in his own program, out with the boys drinking, looking for deer, or not even in existence? This next sentence is not going to be well received, but here goes. I have been totally against these AK's anything and felt like they should be left up to the military or police. Then a friend told me, even if you don't like them, if you outlaw them, that is the first step to taking away your guns and that is where we're at now. Let's face it, most news media is liberal and most KSL writers seem to be liberal also. I made this comment on one of their articles on gun violence and got it Nuked:

"I think there are several main ROOT causes to gun violence, and the gun is certainly a vehicle, but more important than that could be movie stars and their violent movies. What about the violent video games and the parents who use those vehicles as a baby sitter. What about fatherless kids with no direction. This list goes on and some will say psychologists claim violent movies don't have any bearing - - A lot of psychologists say yes there is a definite bearing. We have a lot bigger problem than guns. It just could be called HOLLYWOOD."

My point is that gun control is coming. Why? Because, you and me, have not done our part to help those out there who feel alone, those out there who have had HOLLYWOOD baby sit for us. Now the liberal new media has us right where they want us. Last, but not least, what about those fatherless kids who are a-drift because the Ol Man couldn't get along with his girl friend or wife. Wanted to spend too much time out with the boys. Now the boy is without his Dad.
This is not going to be settled over night, but you hunting crowd better wake up. This is not the time for the skin-head attitude. It is time to take care of our lost souls. You are one of the minority now, it is time to be smarter.

Last edited:
I sort of agree with all above but there's even more than that even in some good family's kids get neglected dad works 14-16+ hrs a day mom works 8-10hrs a day just to make ends meet that equals to the kids getting neglected and spend too much time on the computer and some of these computer game are down right scary for young mines to be taken in and holyweird has alot to do with it too it a problem that I sure don't know if there is a answer for

DAD

Very few dad's work 14 hour days.

Then they hunt with their buddies. Hang at the gym, etc.

How many pics do we see in here where dudes are "Backcountry warriors", with boys sitting home. Dudes just unwilling to sacrifice the alpha attitude to spend time with the boys.

How many dudes leave the kids home, to trophy hunt. Or because they are too noisy. Or.............

I see dudes all the time at the range, on the MTN scouting, etc, that just can't be bothered.

D A D

Thanks for the thoughtful and appropriate posts on this thread.

We all have work to do but gun control isn't even in the top 100 for me.
We've detailed the family unit, made masculinity toxic, embraced violence on our screens and revered the totally weird and whacky.
Our society has most thing backwards right now.
I believe we are a blessed people and nation but we're turning our back on the very things that keep it that way.
We are currently on a slippery slope without a safety net.

Zeke

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom