Gunsmith for Threading Barrel

bowhunter223

Would like to install a suppressor on a .22-250 I have. Can anyone recommend a good smith around the SLC area that can thread this barrel end for me to accommodate a can...?
Thanks in advance.

Unless you plan to load up sub sonic ammo for that 22-250, below 1100 fps, a suppressor will not help you very much due to the sonic crack of the bullet.

RELH

There is only some truth to that. A quality suppressor will render the rifle hearing safe, allowing you to run it with little to no ear pro. It will not eliminate the super sonic sound heard as the bullet travels. While suppressors have their own set of challenges the are quite nice to run on rifles.

...he said a suppressor, not a silencer. A silencer requires subsonic rounds....to be basically "silent". A suppressor significantly lessens the noise from any rifle.

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jan-11-18 AT 10:59PM (MST)[p]>...he said a suppressor, not a
>silencer. A silencer requires subsonic
>rounds....to be basically "silent". A
>suppressor significantly lessens the noise
>from any rifle.
>
>
>
>
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

So what happens if you run subsonic rounds through a supperssor? ? They are the same thing much like a clip and a magazine. Knowledgeable people use the terms magazine and supperssor.

I have friend that has one that he puts on his AR. If i remember right, it sounds about like a .22 when he shoots it.
John 14:6

We used rifles with what I think were surpressors in Africa. They allowed the guides to stand very close to the shooter without ear damage, at least not like a rifle with out a surpressor. Also, when the shooter was a couple hundred yards away I could not hear any sound from the shot.

DC

Quiet, SSSHHH bang.
They work with all rounds some are just alot quieter then others. FPS if lower the quieter the round. With less hearing loss.
It will make your gun shot better groups, which in turn will make you a better shot.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

I've only shot one on 3 occasions but it worked like a champ on a 6.5 WSM on a couple pronghorn and a 20 Vartarg.
Both cartridges were "suppressed" very well.

Zeke

PS:
Roger's rifles
801-250-0698
6463 King Valley Road
West Valley City, Utah

#livelikezac

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom