Gunwerks releasing a new muzzleloader sight design

Not many on this board are in the income bracket that Gunwerks caters to, I doubt they are worried.

Not many on this board are in the income bracket that Gunwerks caters to, I doubt they are worried.

Granted, but most people with money want to see something significantly better for that kind of price difference. I am just not seeing it.

not when there are already sights on the market that perform IMO just as well for much less money

Last edited:
I know they cater to high end guys but I suspect in 2 years either the price will be less or they won’t make them any more.

Titanium action, carbon barrel, muzzle brake, $1000 peep sight, and 500-600 yd shots. A muzzleloader?

I think every state needs primitive and modern muzzleloader seasons.

The only way I could shoot a muzzy at a game animal at 400 yards with an open sight, even a $1000 one, would be if I got an eye transplant, from an eagle....?

Anyone wants to shoot well with open sights should read Marley’s posts about long range. Even then, prob only 1 in 100 people are good enough to pull it off.

At my age without glasses I can still see the target great! But there are 2 front sights! LOL. I have to wear 1.0x reading glasses to see only one front sight. And that makes the target fuzzy! I do wish they allowed a 1X scope (No magnification) so I could see clearly.

I'm with you. Colorado has given me a disability license to use a scope in muzzy season but I never used it.

My hunting method is to sneak in close and my fuzzy looking open sights still work for me.

As long as states don’t have a primitive season and no one markets blaze orange buckskins, I’ll keep pushing the envelope and range on my modem muzzy and using a trad muzzy where needed. I don’t make the regs but I follow them.

A primitive muzzleloader season wouldn't need blaze orange. If the bowhunters don't need it a flintlock shooter shouldn't need it either.

My newest addition to my muzzy collection. 1in 66” barrel, so round balls only! Friend made it for me and has brass front post and buckhorn rear.
Shot pretty well after a few practice fliers
26CF39E8-E733-48C1-A135-22674CAE054F.jpeg
D440464C-2BC5-402E-8030-6E40E4F09DD6.jpeg

LOL what a rip........with the help of a fella here a few years ago, I went to a hooded crosshair for the front sight and a peep for the back sight for my Omega 50 cal. Total cost was about 50 bucks including machining a height shim for the peep sight.

Omega Peep and crosshair sights setup 003.jpg

Omega Peep and crosshair sights setup 009.jpg

Not sure if I was the one that told you about that front crosshair with the rear peep. but I have had one for about 15 years. Works great and with my old eyes I appreciate it more every year.

That set-up looks familiar.

Not sure if I was the one that told you about that front crosshair with the rear peep. but I have had one for about 15 years. Works great and with my old eyes I appreciate it more every year.

That set-up looks familiar.
It was either you or Bucksnort I believe. Yep, it's been awhile. Thanks!!

Like that front crosshair sight, can you tell me where I can get one?
If you're asking me about the hooded crosshair, I got it either thru Midway or Brownells, I forgot which. The manufacturer is KNS. I took a toothpick and some white paint to pain the actual crosshairs to make them stand out a lot better.

You can also use white fingernail polish. But no matter what color You use, they will still be hard to see at dusk and in deep shade.

I was kinda thinking about trying the crosshairs with the small circle in the middle. That should show up well

If you will always be hunting out in the open with good light, the crosshairs are great. But at dusk or deep shade, for me not so much

If you're asking me about the hooded crosshair, I got it either thru Midway or Brownells, I forgot which. The manufacturer is KNS. I took a toothpick and some white paint to pain the actual crosshairs to make them stand out a lot better.
Thanks for the brand info. I have a friend that has a eastern CO mullet Muzzy tag and I am going to outfit my encore for him.

Thanks for the brand info. I have a friend that has a eastern CO mullet Muzzy tag and I am going to outfit my encore for him.
UPDATE...I just saw something new on this that you should check out. I believe Williams sights makes this. It looks identical to the setup I have and you can buy it turnkey (for the rear peep sight, I had to have a shim machined with a radius to fit my barrel and the height I needed to raise up the peep for the front crosshair, also had it anodized black to match). You can now avoid that pain in the butt by buying the set. After 17 years a manufacturer (Williams I believe) finally caught on. Sorry, I can't recall where I saw this, in a magazine or on line, but it popped up somewhere just a couple weeks ago.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom