Had to fill a...

OutdoorWriter

Long Time Member
...void in my tummy caused by no dinner last night. So even though I'm not a breakfast sort, I whipped up a batch of my crude pancakes. It's probably been at least a year since I had done it.

pancakes.JPG

:) Get one of those silly little bowls with the trigger and dropper out the bottom. Then you can party ones!!

My mom always cooked pancakes in all kind of weird shapes, she would tell my kids and the other grandkids they are shaped after some kind of animal or a dinosaur the kids would gobble them right up.
All the grandkids are all grown-up now but they still say grandma's pancakes are the best. She also cooked them in a little bit of Crisco, not many cook them that way anymore.

I still love to coat my pans, griddle, and waffle iron with Crisco. One of the best non-stick around!!

My mom always cooked pancakes in all kind of weird shapes, she would tell my kids and the other grandkids they are shaped after some kind of animal or a dinosaur the kids would gobble them right up.
All the grandkids are all grown-up now but they still say grandma's pancakes are the best. She also cooked them in a little bit of Crisco, not many cook them that way anymore.
My shapes are generally just blobs. :ROFLMAO:

I believe Crisco is just a vegetable-based oil that is turned into a solid somehow. We haven't used it in a few years, but I often use it's cousin -- lard -- which is animal-based fat.

Now for non-stick, I just use the spray stuff, as I will do shortly on the grates for my smoker slated for use in a bit.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom