Halibut Fishing

2lumpy

Long Time Member
If you were to charter a halibit trip, who in Washington State would you recommend and what time of year. Thanks for your advice.

If you’re trying to catch a halibut from every states you’re going to come up 7 states short.

Tough to schedule in Washington. You just about have to be a repeat customer or call the first week the boat's schedule opens up. I go with the same 6-pack operator every year but he rebooks every spot he's got from past clients. Very limited opportunity window here.

Thanks Mbigo. I kind of got that impression, doing some free range web browsing. Still, for a total outsider, it’s still good to start looking and checking with known good charters. Least ways, that’s my logic.

If you’re trying to catch a halibut from every states you’re going to come up 7 states short.
For sure SS! I’m not looking for that, I’m just looking for the closet place I can drive to, or the cheapest airfare…. to fish for halibut. There’s no justification to fish for anything, anywhere, if your trying to save money. I’m fully away of that. I just like fresh halibut and want to catch some for the least cost, knowing full well it would save hundreds to just buy it at the super market. However, I want the outting, the fun and the over all experience…… but Alaskan air travel simply leaves that off the table for this trip. Canada, BC is just that much further away from here as well, so…… just not looking there either, at the present.

Simply exploring options right now. Truthful I’d love to do the Alaskan trip again but looking to see if there are other alternatives. And, I always double or triple activities when ever I head somewhere, away from home, so once I decide where, I’ll start backfilling for other things to do while I’m there, to halibut fish, ie: claming, crabbing, fly fishing, etc etc. Got to maximize my expenditures. Now days, I got way more time than money.

If you were to charter a halibit trip, who in Washington State would you recommend and what time of year. Thanks for your advice.
Might want to look at oregon also. They opened the season to 7 days a week instead of 3. This might make it easier to get an open seat. Newport is probably the best port for halibut charters. Depoe bay is good also.

If you were to charter a halibit trip, who in Washington State would you recommend and what time of year. Thanks for your advice

Tailwalker charters
Far Corners charters
All rivers charters
They all run 6 pack boats out of Westport, WA all excellent fisherman.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom