Hammer bullets

Lhedrick1

375 yards .280 AI 146 Hammer Hunter. Entered behind the should and exited through the opposite shoulder.

In:
20201008_091830.jpg

Out:
20201008_091838.jpg

Exit wound o_O
20201008_093454.jpg

6.5 CM 121 gr Hammer Hunter 200 yards. One was just behind the heart and clean through, the other just behind the shoulder and above the heart, clean pass through.
In:
20201008_110932.jpg

20201008_110922.jpg

Out:
20201008_110956.jpg

20201008_111005.jpg

Outstanding accuracy and very impressive terminal performance. Anxious to try on deer. If you haven't tried them, I highly recommend.

Last edited:
Yeah, I shot a buck antelope in Utah a few weeks ago with a Hammer bullet. Shot in the neck at 60 yards with a 92gr. Hammer Hunter outta my 25-06 at about 3400 FPS. Needless to say, it was VERY effective. ?

I shot a local blacktail last Friday with the same rig at about 100 yards. The buck was quartered slightly, shot entered center of the chest and went the length of him along the ribs. It was effective as well.

Hoping to put a 155gr. Hammer Hunter outta my 7 Mag through a bull elk in NM in about a month.

20201002_202313.jpg

Last edited:
I didn’t take pictures, but I put a 134 shock hammer from a 6.5cm through a rag horn yesterday at about 275. In the crease, out the offside shoulder through lots of bone, racquetball sized exit. DRT. MV of 2875. The Primary wound channel was a couple inches in diameter most of the way through Just a hair above the heart, but it looked like a petal found its way into the heart. Lungs were mush.

I know the creed for elk is a questionable choice to many, but I’m not sure what else I could ask for in terms of terminal performance. To get that performance with a light rifle that is that pleasant to shoot is pretty amazing.

Lhedrick1 what is your MV out of your 280ai if you don’t mind?
Congrats on the antelope!

Lhedrick1 what is your MV out of your 280ai if you don’t mind?
Congrats on the antelope!
Its my Dads, we don't have a chronograph yet but he's guestimating 3050 fps + with RL26 and getting sub MOA. Its a Montana Rifle Co rifle, 26" barrel.

lol....htf do you guesstimate MV??....

Well there's these things on that inter web thingy that say if you put X amount of Y into a X cartidge under a Z grain bullet....ya get ABC MV. I figure if I deduct 100 FPS or so that's a good guesstimate.

Sounds like a Jeff Foxworthy joke eh?

It's just me I guess but I wouldn't want to clean that blacktail above.

Too much fragmentation for me. Might as well shoot a core lokt.

Trust me guys, it looks worse than it was. I did lose the one shoulder and cleaned the rest of it up just fine. I believe most any bullet would have done some major damage to that shoulder. I should have shot the deer in the neck and I wouldn't have wasted much meat at all.

I have found Hammer bullets to be extremely accurate and load development has been pretty simple. I will continue to use them and recommend them to anyone who will listen.

Trust me guys, it looks worse than it was. I did lose the one shoulder and cleaned the rest of it up just fine. I believe most any bullet would have done some major damage to that shoulder. I should have shot the deer in the neck and I wouldn't have wasted much meat at all.

I have found Hammer bullets to be extremely accurate and load development has been pretty simple. I will continue to use them and recommend them to anyone who will listen.
Now that I can respect. Everyone should do the same. It's largely a personal choice and a matter of accuracy and confidence.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom