HAMS BOOKCLIFFS

dropper10

HAMS BOOK CLIFFS HUNT.
Curious as to everyone's thoughts about this hunt?? Love the late season dates but more curious to deer #'s and quality down in that country? May be worth burning some points?

This hunt is a joke. From someone who spends a lot of time on this unit, there are few deer and to make a hunt to kill the few deer that remain is simply not sound management. There will be a good buck killed once in a while, but I can only hope that the hunters who draw this tag will not chose to shoot a tiny buck rather than eat tag soup. This herd is very limited in numbers and is trying to recover a little bit, but this hunt will likely result in the recovery not happening.

For myself, I saw several nice bucks down there last year (first week of Nov) on my brother's bison hunt. I'd be happy with the tag. Not sure how the herd has been affected this year though.

For myself, I saw several nice bucks down there last year (first week of Nov) on my brother's bison hunt. I'd be happy with the tag. Not sure how the herd has been affected this year though.
You should probably research what this HAMS hunt is about. Anything you were seeing on a bison hunt is almost certain to be irrelevant for this hunt.

The DWR is doing just about everything possible to destroy everything in the Bookcliffs. You've got a far better chance of killing a good buck on a general hunt than this hunt.

Are you the guy I talked to in rays tavern in early September that runs his cows up by the Rez.in nutters hole.

Pretty tuff hunt like whiskey said. it looks like the one he got was around 175”. I think the weather got them guys this year. They needed snow. I know what’s up on the Rez. So a guy could run into a big SOB.

You should probably research what this HAMS hunt is about. Anything you were seeing on a bison hunt is almost certain to be irrelevant for this hunt.
What would be different? The bucks we saw were moving down to their winter ranges. They were completely gone from off the Moon and Winter Ridge areas. Is this hunt in a completely different area?

Last edited:
Or ask the ones who know. IF they are courteous, they will tell you. Wouldn't that be more efficient? LOL Not many know what efficiency means...smh
What would be the most efficient is looking up what and where the hams hunt is on your own. Not relying on someone else to tell you.

He told you if you was hunting bison then you wasn't in the right area. Whats he supposed to do look up the link for the hams hunt boundaries and send it to you?

Here you go, click on the link and put bookcliffs floy canyon in the hunt search.

Was that "efficient" enough for you?

Clearly there were others on this thread that knew where this hunt was and could have easily told me in 3 sentences or less. I don't care enough to look up information on other people's hunt. My time is more valuable than that. I was just curious and joined the conversation with information that could have helped with the original question posed by Dropper10.

Btw, go back to middle school English class...

Your quote - "He told you if you was hunting bison then you wasn't in the right area."

Try using - you "were" hunting bison and "weren't" in the right area.

This will make you sound more intelligent.

Clearly there were others on this thread that knew where this hunt was and could have easily told me in 3 sentences or less. I don't care enough to look up information on other people's hunt. My time is more valuable than that. I was just curious and joined the conversation with information that could have helped with the original question posed by Dropper10.
Yes, clearly including Dropper10, why would they take the time to explain it to you when you wont take the time to educate yourself?

Your time isn't any more valuable then anyone else's.

Btw, go back to middle school English class...

Your quote - "He told you if you was hunting bison then you wasn't in the right area."

Try using - you "were" hunting bison and "weren't" in the right area.

This will make you sound more intelligent.
awe how cute, I made sense so now you attack my grammar and intelligence. News flash this isn't middle school English its an internet hunting forum.
Try knowing what you are talking about when you post something it will make you look more intelligent. (especially when its pointed out you're information isn't correct don't double down with the same information and then ask why its wrong.) Or do you want us to hold your hand and show you like I did above?

JakeH - It's all in the eye of the beholder, but if you measure your sense of self-worth by winning an internet exchange with a complete stranger, I will let you win.

Happy Holidays all and Happy Hunting!!

I think we should setup a MM fight club. See if JakeH could tie Gohigher up like a pretzel and throw him in the back of his truck like the deer he kills......or would it be Gohigher putting Jake in a headlock until he taps out????
I like it. Put up a poll question here to pick the winner and the grand prize could be a used flatty and an official MM tape measure!

Could you Imagine the Revenue Generated for Animals with a MM Fight Club!!! Set up a ring in the unit you want to raise money for!!! Camp for the Weekend. "I'm here for two things, to see Big Bucks and Kick ASS and this unit is all out of Big Bucks!!!" All in the Name of Conservation!!!

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom