Did you put in for the HAMS elk hunt?

• Yes

• No

• might in the future.....

• HAMS hunt???? wth is that?

Results are only viewable after voting.

JakeH

Long Time Member
Just Curious how many guys put in for these hunts?

Me and my Dad rolled the dice on one.

Oh, and if any of you selected the bottom choice HAMS stands for "Handgun, Archery, Muzzloader, Shotgun" LOL

I wish I would have noticed them before my wife applied and we’d have put her for one of them.

Hey Dang Big!

Seen a couple of Easterners Bring their Slug Guns out here for Bear Hunts!

Was Not Impressed!

Ya,I Know,in Places that's How Most Deer Hunts Happen!

I Wasn't Knocking the SLUG GUN!

But Most TARDS when Given their Choice Are Gonna Use the Weapon with Biggest Advantage!

Sounds Like JakeH & A Few others are gonna Try it!

Best of Luck To All!

You ever shot a critter with a slug? Decent accurate even smooth bore, it might be kinda fun different but fun.

Im gonna look into it and run some tests before the hunt if we draw out. In all likelihood i will have my bow, shotgun and muzzy along for the hunt. Im an equal opportunity hams hunter, any one of the 4 may get used ???

Im gonna look into it and run some tests before the hunt if we draw out. In all likelihood i will have my bow, shotgun and muzzy along for the hunt. Im an equal opportunity hams hunter, any one of the 4 may get used ???
I watch the F&G shoot up a herd of cows with some Boy Scouts using slugs they did a job on them everything was under a 100 in a haystack

I may try a hunt in the future when my time allows. I can see the state transitioning to more of these types of hunts than centerfire rifle hunts, sooner than later. With the “technology” talk everyone wants to have currently, implementing these kinds of hunts will fit the bill everyone is looking for.

I had access to buying a ton of 20 gauge Remington ammo with Barnes slugs in them a while ago. Got a bunch with the suspicions I’ll need them at some point. 20 gauge auto with an extension tube on it will be pretty dang effective at tracking down a moving target if you miss your first shot. It’s a better option than the muzzy or bow and probably a handgun too.

I drew the Box Elder / Sawtooth with 7 points as a non resident. Probably will be a tough hunt but with point creep going the way it’s going I wanted to get out of the Utah game.
Going in with a muzzy

One of my CCG brethren drew a HAMs tag. We will be taking communion as well Oct 1-Nov15. You guys still sell 3.2 beer there. Or do I need to take orders before I come.

One of my CCG brethren drew a HAMs tag. We will be taking communion as well Oct 1-Nov15. You guys still sell 3.2 beer there. Or do I need to take orders before I come.
Sweet, what unit and how many points?

And they don't water it down as much now you should be good.

Since I am pro Bono sub apprentice guide on my friends hunt I am starting research early to provide the very best. Is there any topless ballet in wendover so we can celebrate and support hard working women? Thx guys

So I was successful for 2021 on the barney top kaiparowits, for bull elk. I drew with 12 points. And I must say it was one of the hardest hunts I have aver done. For one thing it was warm that year so the rut was off and by the time I was able to go hunt, none of the elk were making noise. After a couple of days I dang near shot a 380" class bull but just as i lined up my shot gun, he took off. And yes I decided to use a shot gun for the hunt, i set up my browning silver with a rifled barrel from Midwest gun works. and it shot great, i was able to keep Hornady SST sabot rounds in 2" groups at 100 yards and could smack a 10" gong at 180 yards. It took me a few days to get onto another bull though and i ended up hunting for 11 days, i took full advantage of the 45 day hunt. I ended up spotting a good 300 class bull on a ridge and set up on a stalk, we were able to sneak to within 55 yards of the old bull, it took a while for him to stand up out of his bed but when he did i put one right in his heart, he hunched up and froze so i hit him again and he turned around and fell right there, didn't even run ten feet. The bull scored 313" for those who want to know, and turns out the tooth data showed that the bull was 14 years old. Definitely the old man of the mountain.
That being said, I would absolutely do the hunt again, i had a great time in a great area. I didn't see too many animals but the ones I did see were giants. And I'm happy with the one I got, it was my first bull and he's a dandy. and crazy thing is this year i drew the HAMSS mule deer tag for the same unit with one point.

bull 4 (2).jpg

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom