handi capable- this years success

travishunter3006

Very Active Member
Here are pictures of the bucks and bulls I have helped my friends and family harvest this year.

this is my buddy who shot this after 8 days on the mountain. we got to 40 yards and he punched him straight through the heart. The buck went about 5 steps and fell over deader than dead.
3464013.jpg

these next 3 are of my buddy jake who has never taken a big game animal. I told him in january to put in for the buck bull combo tag, which the little bastage drew. All year long we have been talking about where to go and what he'd shoot. He wanted a 3 point or better and any elk with antlers. His buck he shot at 480 yards with his 270. he hit it in the head ( right through the ear). His elk we got the next day in the nastiest country at 400 yards with his 270 shooting remington corelocs. @ great animals for his firsts!

3443035.jpg

9948imag0169.jpg

6609imag0173.jpg

7075imag0195.jpg

This is my wife and her first buck! what an awesome hunt. we spotted this buck after 30 mins into the opener. She took a 200 yard shot and dropped him right in his tracks. We used the old eddystone 1917 with the XP3's 180gr. Destroyed his lungs. what a shot! I was so proud of her. We got up to the buck only to find 2 other hunters gutting it, I was surprised by the way they just left it after we told them that it was ours. They had the ability to ruin a hunt for my wife but they took the high road and i appreciate it.
7075imag0195.jpg

This is my brother in law's little brother. I spotted this buck about 30 mins before dark. It was his first buck. 180 yard double lung. Deer never saw it coming. dumped him in his tracks. What a first buck for a 14 yr old kid. lucky bastage!
8109imag0102.jpg

this last one is the bull my buddy took in the uintas.
1964imagejpeg_2_14.jpg

I feel blessed to have beewn able to help my friends and family out this year. After being diagnosed with Reiter's syndrome in Septmeber I didn't think I would be able to come through on all the promises I made Pre Season. I am Blessed to have friends and family Willing to carry me or let me hang on to them as we hiked around and took all these fine animals.

Someone asked me if I would have to stop hunting because of the Reiter's, I told them that even if my legs were chopped off I'd find a way to nub myself around the mountains. I can't quit doing what I love.

It was a big bodied 2 point.

Travis-

What is Reiter's Syndrome? I have never heard of it but I hope that you make a full recovery and can continue to do what you love!

Hawkeye

Browning A-Bolt 300 Win Mag
Winchester Apex .50 Cal
Mathews Drenalin LD

>debilitating arthritis that is!! ha ha
>
>
>
>
>It was a big bodied 2
>point.

if you eat wheat? stop!! And I mean anything with wheat! It will help slow it down, it might even reverse it.

>gluten maybe?
>
>
>
>It was a big bodied 2
>point.

There are other proteins, lectins and polypeptides in wheat that cause disease, but yes, no gluten.

Well done TH06!
It's always a treat to help others. Good luck with your health issue. I hope it's not going to slow you down too much.
Zeke

Congrats on all the successes even in the face of adversity. You might look into taking on beekeeping as a hobby......amazing what a few beestings might do to alleviate arthritis symptoms. No joke there either.....do some research on the subject online. I can personally vouch for the intense temporary discomfort but also for the longterm benefits that would make a guy be enthused about getting stung.

I got stung by a beein the mouth one time as a young kid. My mothr said that it helped my big mouth problem! haha

LAST EDITED ON Oct-27-11 AT 08:11PM (MST)[p]by the way, wasnt there for the first deer my buddy shot. i meant he, not we stalked it. 80 yards and died too not 5 yards.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom