Has anyone noticed any rutting in Utah?

Thumper

I know moon phases, habitat and weather all plays into this. Just curious with all the rifle hunters out there on Sunday, if anyone noticed the deer rut starting in Northeastern Utah? Daughter has a late Muzzy tag. Can’t leave work fast enough!

I’ve been seeing some in southern Utah. Not sure about up that way. Good luck on your hunt and be sure to share the story after!

Saw lots of Bucks chasing Does Wednesday through Sunday, down in Central Utah. Had to shoot one of them to keep that Doe safe :D

I’ve been noticing rut activity in Idaho and Utah the last 2 weekends I’ve been out. I don’t think they’re completely there yet, but bucks are definitely starting to chase.

I’ve been noticing rut activity in Idaho and Utah the last 2 weekends I’ve been out. I don’t think they’re completely there yet, but bucks are definitely starting to chase.
Thanks so much for your response! I wish I had a rifle tag this year with the wet conditions. Looking forward to some time with my daughter!

Lots of rutting was taking place out in the Book Cliffs. My cousin shot the stinkiest buck I've ever been around. Also, his hair around his sent glands was blue in color..?? Never seen that before.

Lots of rutting was taking place out in the Book Cliffs. My cousin shot the stinkiest buck I've ever been around. Also, his hair around his sent glands was blue in color..?? Never seen that before.
Wow! I forget how stinky they can get. Never heard of blue hair. Great to hear out that way it has started. I hope that by Friday it will be turned up even more!

In the Lower Elevations/Private The Bucks Are Thinking about it but The Does Ain't Ready!

On the West End of the NE Region very Little Rut Activity on the Forrest!

I Did See Some Initial Pre-Rut Activity on Diamond Mountain the Last Couple of Weeks!

Seems Like Where There's Been Less People Pressure They Are More Active!

But The General Area's Have Had So Much Pressure just not much happening Quite Yet!

Shouldn't be Long Though!

I’ve been seeing some here in central utah. There’s a certain valley that’s straight hay fields and some of my family owns some of the fields. Not uncommon to see over 1000 deer up there in the rut. Just got back from glassing them and there’s some decent bucks with the does but they weren’t pushing them hard yet.

In the Lower Elevations/Private The Bucks Are Thinking about it but The Does Ain't Ready!

On the West End of the NE Region very Little Rut Activity on the Forrest!

I Did See Some Initial Pre-Rut Activity on Diamond Mountain the Last Couple of Weeks!

Seems Like Where There's Been Less People Pressure They Are More Active!

But The General Area's Have Had So Much Pressure just not much happening Quite Yet!

Shouldn't be Long Though!
Thank you, I know that General area gets hit hard. Hopefully, a few days of less pressure can make a difference. Muzzy Elk happens to be the same time, so it will be interesting to see how everything pans out. We're excited! Thanks again for the report!

South Central. Some bucks are checking, checking, checking. Does are still not interested in anything but browse.

Let's see stinky blue @BrowningRage
20211028_172035[1].jpg

I should have got better pics of the glands on his legs! I didn't even think about it at the time. You can see on his back, left leg in this pic, its an obvious blue hue. bleh!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom