Has Unit 111 Become Wilderness

califhuntn

I heard that Unit 111 was going to become wilderness. Does anybody know if that is true or is it still national forest?

JR

Yes and no according to Nevada fish and game map, only part of unit 111 is wilderness

I was there on a friends elk hunt last year and most is wilderness and fenced now. Few roads going to the base of the mountains and on foot from there!

LAST EDITED ON Jun-10-09 AT 06:52AM (MST)[p]califhuntn- thats a strange question, hunt units are not wilderness or non wilderness boundrys, and wilderness areas are still national forest, or BLM lands. also from the other post, I don't understand the comment, "that most of the unit is now wilderness and fenced", tell us about the fenced part.

I had a bull tag in 2007 and my dad had a cow tag there last year and most of the unit is designated wilderness. The road that led to the bottom of the mountain where I got my bull was actually closed off even further down the valley on my dads hunt last year. You can still get up some of the main roads, but don't get caught elsewhere. It appeared to me that most of the wilderness was marked and it was very easy to tell which roads they didn't want you on because they put rocks and brush all over in them. I called and got maps and info. before my hunt. That's what I suggest if you are not quite sure.

RagehornHS, that was exactly what I was trying to ask. I am trying to find out which areas have vehicular access (ie National Forest land) and which areas only have foot traffic. I am looking for the areas that are not as easily accessible with vehicles. I am going to contact the forest service today.

JR

Thanks Steve. With 3 others hunts in 3 other states all in August I won't be able to hunt or scout them all. I guess it isn't a bad problem to have.

JR

I was down there last year and the roads are well marked. if it's wilderness you can NOT get up the road!

("For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. Ephesians 2:8-9")

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom