Have 16 Deer Preference Points for Colorado

Cow Tag

Need your opinion. I have 16 preference points in the Colorado Parks and Wildlife system. Thinking about applying next year (2022) for unit 70 in the 4th season. Would anyone venture their opinion about acquiring this deer license for next year? I believe that 16 would be enough points. Thank you, Cow Tag...

I have only hunted there once during 4th season but I would not have spent 16 points on it. If you just want to kill a decent buck, you prob can, but I wouldn’t hold out for a trophy. I would shoot a 150 if I saw it.

Don’t really know where else to recommend. But for others who view this, cowtag has been around a good while and he could prob share some good info on unit 61. You should PM him if you have info.

I’ve been on two unit 70 4th season tags the last few years, can’t say it was worth 16 pts. I think there are better options out there.

Not sure any unit is worth the points. With that being said I’ve seen big bucks in every unit I’ve hunted in. As far as 70 goes no clue, but you have to use the points at some point.

Definitely much better options out there than 70 with that kind of points. 70’s quality has been on a fast downhill slide for the last 10 plus years. Not many bucks over the 3 year old threshold there these days. Depending on if the expected slaughter of mature bucks happens this year, I would be looking at the Gunnison basin units.

I will and thank you.
I wish I had a better option Unit, 70 would not be a best pick in my option. I’m sitting on 16 points & don’t know what to try in ‘22- on deer or elk. It’s all been turned upside down starting in ‘21.
I’m looking at maybe the ‘66-‘67 units. After this year they may be blown out ! What a mess.
Jerry Gold in Windsor, Colorado.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom