have faith and keep your head up

elk_crazy

182884.jpg

I know alot of you are out there hunting your hearts out. I killed this bull the last day of the second hunt. I was beat mentally and physically sitting at water holes walking mile after mile and hearing one bugle the whole hunt before the morning of the last day. I have to admit i had just about given up that morning. At 4:30 a.m. laying wide awake in my tent, bugle after bugle sounded off long story short and 3hrs later this bull was the end result. My first archery bull although score was not an issue thay grossed 342 and was a 6x7. I couldnt be happier with my hunt. I kept my faith and hopes real high and kept on hitting it hard day after day. Is amazing how fast your luck could turn, so have faith and keep your heads up guys and good luck to all.

Perseverance! Way to get it done, congratulations! Fine specimen.

~Jason Peterson

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."~Jack Kerouac

Good job. Thanks for the pics and encouragement. I'll be doing the same in October.

Thank You All

Just want to keep the spirits up. I know I did t draw this year but maybe next year ill be out there with all of you fellow hunters.

Very nice bull indeed. Thanks for the encouraging words. I know I felt very defeated not being able to hunt this year but after I sold off a few things; my new bow, a horse, some plasma, saved a few dollars where I could and have an amazing wife that decided our anniversary gifts (September the 25th) should be our elk hunts it looks like I will be in 16-A next week!
Good luck to all, and as elk crazy said, "just keep the faith!"

I hope to see some pics of you fellow hunters trophies. Once again thank you for your comments and can't wait to see some pics.
Once again " have faith And keep your head up"

Thanks

B

Very nice, What unit, Glad they finally opened up.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Well it was unit 13 My buddy was also guiding in the unit and couldn't get any to answer his hunter shot a 5x5 two days before I got mine last year they're in just need patience cause it is a hard hunt

I hunted 2 states for 15 days and all I had to eat was Tag Soup! I couldn't be more excited to get back on the horse next year and get after em again!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom