Have I gone insane?!?!

upmuley

How crazy am I to be considering a hunt in Sonora this January? With COVID what do you think the odds are the hunts will take place? Bonus question: anyone hunt with SDO Sonora Desert Outfitters?

My son & I have been booked since last year and will go if legally permitted. Mexico might open up before Canada. Both countries could surely use the influx of tourism dollars.

My son & I have been booked since last year and will go if legally permitted. Mexico might open up before Canada. Both countries could surely use the influx of tourism dollars.

That was what I was thinking. I have an outfitter in Alberta that has a spot for me but he thinks the odds of the border being open in November (due to an increase during cold and flu season) is not great.

That was what I was thinking. I have an outfitter in Alberta that has a spot for me but he thinks the odds of the border being open in November (due to an increase during cold and flu season) is not great.

Mexico Border Has Never Been Closed. Some talk going on Down there Now about a temporary Closing But, Has Only been Talk So far

there is a big sign on the 5 freeway to tj that says restricted access across boarder that has been there for months, I don't know who is restricted.

Border between Mexico and texas have never closed to US citizens. I have crossed with ease the last few months when all media said the border in closed. Check into it personally to find out if the border in truly closed in your area

I will be flying in so it will be more up to the airlines, customs, etc. Hopefully by January most of this virus garbage is in the rear view mirror for the entire world.

Border in Ca/Mex is open and has never closed. My daughter and grandkids go down there every 2 weeks or so to visit her husband. Don't ask....

The border in AZ has closed but am not sure if it still is.

How crazy am I to be considering a hunt in Sonora this January? With COVID what do you think the odds are the hunts will take place? Bonus question: anyone hunt with SDO Sonora Desert Outfitters?
Keep your ear to the ground if borders open up thing is they could re-close with you stuck on the other side.

Ummm. The Mexican border hasn’t closed.... and no way on this earth being a US citizen would they not let you cross back to your home country.
Go hunt! I cross the border often with zero issues. Even during this Covid-BS

You are not crazy my friend, I am an outfitter in Sonora for mule deer, coues deer and desert sheep ( www.dericklopezoutfitter.com ) I am almost 100% booked, hunting season willl be great again this year.

IMG_0082.JPG

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Mexico Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy Sonoran mule deer and coues deer on over 400,000 acres of private ground.

DIY Coues Deer Hunts

Hunt 20k acre private ranch in Sonora for coues bucks ranging in the 100" class. Email Michael at [email protected].

Sonora Outfitters

We hunt on some of the best ranches in Sonora - known for holding trophy Desert Bighorn Sheep and trophy Mule Deer.

MADD Hunts

DIY coues buck hunts on 30 sq. miles of archery only, private lands. Nice accomodations, along with information and photos.

Back
Top Bottom