Have you been to Supai?

stinky

We are planning a trip to see the Havasupai Falls.

Have you been?

Where did you stay?

How good/bad is the caf??

How good/bad is the trading post?

Can I buy all the food that I need there?

John 14:6

We are planning a trip to see the Havasupai Falls.

Have you been?

YES! Went for the first time last Fall. VERY, VERY, awesome!!!! I am a 51 year old native Arizonan, and can't believe I waited so long!

Where did you stay?
Camped at the campground.

How good/bad is the caf??
Didn't eat there. Got a soda.....

How good/bad is the trading post?
Didn't buy anything there.

Can I buy all the food that I need there?
You could probably buy all the food you need, but it is VERY expensive, and not a huge selection. I bought a loaf of bread (raccoon ate ours on the first night), and I think it was $5....).

What is your plan? Hiking, mule, or helicopter??

We hiked-in and out, but hired the mules to carry our big packs (just hiked in/out with our day packs...). We spent two nights, and it was awesome! The mules were great, because then we didn't need to be too careful with our weight, which meant that we could pack a few 'luxury' items....

When are you planning on going?

S.

:)

I was thinking of staying at the lodge, in order to lighten our packs...plus, the youngest will be 12. The older ones did Rim-to-Rim 2-3 years ago.

I sent emails to the lodge and tourism department today asking about the cost of mules and room availability in the 1st week of October (fall break for the kids...who have already started school). I haven't had this idea for very long.

I was hoping that I could eat at the restaurant and lighten things up...which is not a bad idea if you are going to the Phantom Ranch.

I figured that it was expensive as everything has to come in by mule or helo.

John 14:6

Right on! Would be a great trip with kids! Amazing down there.....

Staying at the lodge would be a great option. It is a bit of a hike from the village down to the good stuff, but not that bad. Would be a nice option to stay at the lodge, then hike down for a 'day hike' to see all of the falls and creek. Bring water shoes and water clothes for more fun!

Hopefully there are still some permits available to get down in there on this short of notice. I lucked-out and got invited with a group of friends last minute. I think there can be a bit of a wait, but maybe since it's not during summer months you'll be OK.

Enjoy!

S.

:)

I've called them countless times throughout 2016 trying for a permit with no luck. You could do the same and hope to get lucky and call at just the right time when someone cancels.
Get on speed dial Feb 1, 2017 and you'll get a permit. Right now on short notice... good luck!

I drove out to the parking area twice this week while scouting for antelope. Looks like a very neat hike to make down to Supai and after seeing the scenery, one I want to do with my daughter. Just be careful if driving on Indian 18 at night as there are loads of elk on the Hualapai section of that road. One evening, I saw 8 elk along the road and damn near hit the same 6 pt bull two evenings in a row.

I'll try to upload a photo of Hualapai Canyon from the parking area and post it when I get back home. That and Cataract Canyon are both really cool looking places.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom