Having large aerial map made....

DWBMontana

Can anyone share knowledge of any businesses that specialize in producing a large aerial map of a hunting area? I have onXmaps and contacted them but they do not have anyone they work with to produce these. I am not the most computer savy person, so any help in appreciated, thanks.

We used aerial mapping in some very specific circumstances when we needed to produce an accurate topo for design purposes. I don't remember the names of the companies we used, but there are several.

It is a VERY expensive proposition and even if you relaxed the tolerances, I can't possibly imagine getting a plane with this equpment in the air for cheap. Then you have to pay them to produce the map or digital file. Then you need a bigger computer, and ......it never ends. ;)

There was a new company at the expo that was capable of making maps large enough to wall paper a room. I cant remember their name but you may be able to look up a vendor list from the expo and get a name.

I looked it up. They are Karta Maps. They had a full rug in their booth that was a topo map. I could see doing a wall in my man cave. I believe wall paper was $12 a square foot though

Thanks for the heads up on both providers. Anyone have experience using Huntstand app , I see they offer maps, I would really like to have landowner parcels on aerial image.

Last edited:
Ask a Reprographics company. I’ve talked to the owner of one we use about this very thing and he is good at what he does. He said it’s possible but he worries about the copyright of some of the maps because what I was wanting involved layerings of different maps. I’m going to get one made of all of my waypoints because it won’t involve a map of the whole country, I could fit all of them in an area from Seligman, AZ to about Quemado, NM and south to about Oracle, AZ and north to about Bluff UT. It will be a while, I want to see what a lifetime of exploring looks like on a map. The last 25 or so years, I’ve made around 600 waypoints.

For those that you Mytopo, i see it will show property lines, but i do not see if labeling the property owners is available there, i went thru their design feature, and do not see a way to do that, but may be wrong....

I too enjoy MyTopo.com maps.

The aerial's are Okay but side by side, I prefer the topo's more so.

Robb
010.JPG

You might call Rugged Maps, I’m not sure that the y do Ariel maps, but there maps are awesome and last a lifetime

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom