Hay Canyon vs Seep Ridge

M

muzzyman

I am going with a buddy on his BookCliffs Muzzy deer tag next week. I drew the tag in 08 and went up on Seep ridge road. My question is, I will be towing a 22' travel trailer do you think I will be ok going up Hay Canyon? Thanks for any help in advance.

I would not pull anything up Hay Canyon if there is even a hint of weather coming. It does get pretty steep and narrow towards the top and would be challenging even if it was dry.

I was there 3 weeks ago scouting. I drove both and think you should take seep ridge. The narrow part at the top didn't bother me as much as the creek crossings down low. Unless your trailer sits high it will drag pretty bad going through the washes

Since I had a near death experience at the windy part at the top of hay canyon I strongly suggest the seep ridge road, They are working on the road just after the pavement and its pretty smooth with the construction going on the seep ridge road. Good luck

Thanks for all the advice. I'm glad I asked because I was planning on going up Hay Canyon. Good luck to everyone that will be heading out next week on the Muzzy hunt.

I used to have a 20' Camp Trailer with the axle set under the Springs that I made the Trip with several times!

Been a few years since I've come up Hay canyon from 70,so I don't know if it's changed much?

For "GOSH" Sakes,We got "TARDS" on this Site that can't handle a Damn,I Mean DANG thing,maybe MM should add a Church/Biblical Forum for the MM'ers that can't handle the Hunting Forums?
Pfffffffffff............!!!

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!

:p

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom