he got a name

That thing is unreal. I thought the only way any bull could look like that it would be behind a fence and on the juice. Crazy. What kind of score are we talking about. It is well over 400 but how far is the real ?.

He maybe on public land but that bull has juice or somethin of the sort written all over it. bulls like that dont just appear out of nowhere

Bury me in the hills so i can fertilize the grass and grow bigger animals for the rest of ya

I agree, where was he last year? Did he just appear out of nowhere? He would of been just as big last year!! Maybe someone thought it would be fun to let him go and watch everyone freak out! I wonder how many guys are sleeping in the back of their trucks right now following him around for someone with really deep pockets!

LAST EDITED ON Jul-08-08 AT 11:46AM (MST)[p]Well we are gonna find out opening day of the archery i already know who is gonna kill him its the guy with the deepest pockets ;-) he will end up on someones private land by "accident" and then whoever pays the land owner the most will end up with said monster bull then get out the popcorn pizza and beer cause the rumors are gonna fly like you aint never seen before lol

Bury me in the hills so i can fertilize the grass and grow bigger animals for the rest of ya

If someone is willing to pay my salary for the next two months I will gladly strap a saddle to his back and ride him around until archery season. I might get poked around a little bit though by those back tines.

Makes me glad I have my Unit 27 Arizona bull tag......I don't want to be anywhere near that zoo.

Just because someone films him and sticks a name on it doesn't mean he has one. I think the individual who takes this bull gets to name him. Just my two cents worth.
Has anyone seen him since last Tuesday?

I'm with WapitiBobert,

I want a steriod test when that thing (juiced bull elkious) hits the ground. I'm betting it ain't real (as in real natural). I want an astericks *********** by the score like Barry Bonds HR record ball. Barry Bonds ain't got shizzle on this bull.

We would have heard the cronies' shed stories by now and how "we've been keeping track of this bull since he was a spike" from someone errr...some infamous guide.

I understand he is on the loose but I ain't buying the real part.

HK

GO HARD KORE AND BELIEVE THIS BULL DIDN'T ESCAPE FROM RANCHO-STERIODIO

I dont care what mossback says that bull dosent have a name yet.
It will belong to who ever tags it.

Archery is a year round commitment!!

Wapitibob said-

"That dude was sure chowin down. Like he had the Munchies or something ...."

Maybe someone's growing some funny grass up there on that mountain and that bull has been in it all summer "grazing"!!

48288e6577d023b6.jpg

Sorry Yelum...they shed those things inside the fence too...I know they are usually cut off. I would need atleast 2 years of sheds from a TRUSTED RELIABLE source before I could be swayed to believe this always has been a free-ranging-raised-in-the-wild-bull (FRRITWB). New accronym.

SHOW US PICS.

HK

GO HARD KORE AND SHOW US UNDISPUTABLE EVIDENCE

What a bull! I believe I have seen a picture of the sheds off of this bull from last year. If in fact it is the same bull he definetly grew alot this year. I have a picture of the sheds but I do not have permission to post them. Maybe Yelum does?

>He maybe on public land but
>that bull has juice or
>somethin of the sort written
>all over it. bulls
>like that dont just appear
>out of nowhere
>
>Bury me in the hills so
>i can fertilize the grass
>and grow bigger animals for
>the rest of ya

Obviously the message just isn't getting through. HE ISN'T ON PUBLIC LAND! That's why he's still breathin. Anyone who claims this bull is on public land dosen't have a clue where he's at. This land has been private for nearly a hundred years and will remain private for the forseeable future.

That's just cruel. I won't be able to sleep for a week now! What an amazing animal! Even if it is full of steroids... who cares. That thing is a freak!

>
>Obviously the message just isn't getting
>through. HE ISN'T ON PUBLIC
>LAND! That's why he's still
>breathin. Anyone who claims this
>bull is on public land
>dosen't have a clue where
>he's at. This land has
>been private for nearly a
>hundred years and will remain
>private for the forseeable future.

>
Who cares where he is now. He will still die on public ground when the time comes.

Yep Big, He has been seen.

---------------------------------------
"I needed a cheesy signature saying like everyone else"

HK,

I'm with you on this one. How would everyone in the western US not know about this bull, if its legit. That things a freak, Maybe he migrated from Diamond! HAR HAR

I dont always agree with everyone here on MM but something just isnt right.Maybe we are all being PUNKD .

I think it's odd that mossback would put it on his site, especially if it's on public land.

Something fishy!

Eel

LAST EDITED ON Jul-08-08 AT 09:20PM (MST) by browtine (moderator)[p]Here is his sheds from last year I think he's on the JUICE!!!
48742e5240be3285.jpg

48742e6642d51c1c.jpg

48742e7a43909a28.jpg

This is not the bull just thought I would get some of you going who didn't read the fine print at the bottom of the page!!!

Get a grip my friends. If this video was posted this early ... by a guide outfit .... this bull is already dead ... best anyone else can do is buy the bogus video of the fair chase hunt!

This bull should be called Charlie Tuna, he's so canned!!!!

RUS

Geeeez, i want some of that special "peanut butter".
Maybe i can go from 220 to 280 in just one season!! Lol

48288e6577d023b6.jpg

If he makes it to the private ground that I think he will make it to, no amount of money from an outfitter will buy that bull. Some regular Joe with a humble heart may get the chance of a lifetime.

It's always an adventure!!!
www.awholelottabull.com

Let's say this, for it is fact. This bull is in and out of private and public ground with every couple hundred yards he walks. On the same note, he will be on "STRICTLY PUBLIC" ground very soon, chances are before the Gov. Tag decides to take him and hopefully before it's too late for the elk...He has some country to disappear in, as he HAS done in previous years...and yes, he has been on this mountain for some time. He's not an "ancient" bull. Been a shooter for the past two years however....Could you imagine what he might look like next year.....We'll probably never know...

Go check out the new hunting rig that I am buying....I posted it in the Campfire section.

I am gonna go camp on this bull the rest of the summer......hehehehehe and if I see any Outfitters come in after him I am gonna blow airhorns all day and night and run him out of the country.....

Just Kidding......but boy oh boy what a stink this bull is causing....I knew this would be fun to watch!!!!!!!

LAST EDITED ON Jul-08-08 AT 11:55PM (MST)[p]I saw him on the 3rd with six other people there. Went back yesterday morning and had the place all to myself. Three cows in the meadow and one big 5x bull with the moo-cows by the power line. Just wondering if there was a Fourth of July parade up there over the weekend that booed him and his buddys out? I was in the Koosharem parade so I missed all of it.

FLEH,
I think you should fire up that old three wheeler that is already up there, put on an Mary Jane mask and chase everybody out. I hope he is playing hide and seek now so people have to hike to find him. Spiddy better watch out for the Green Goblin come Aug. 16.

I guess I must be missing something. You guys mean to tell me that it is impossible for there to be a 5, 6, or 7 year old, public land bull that nobody has ever seen before now?

I have no insight as to whether this bull is on some farm or not, or on Vita Gro, but I cannot believe that every bull has been seen that is on public land. If that were the case, how could you ever trust anybodys trophy.....if somebody else never saw it alive in the past?

Secondly, if you can just drive out somewhere and find this thing readily, what would be the point in shooting it? I would rather take a hundred pictures and make a calender out of the best ones.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-09-08 AT 00:43AM (MST)[p]Well, it sounds like with all the controversy that is going to result, and the circus the mountain is sure to become, I guess I should just go ahead and auction my tag off to the highest bidder.

Who wants to start the bidding? ;-)

It's a real nice bull, but... you'd have to be pretty desperate to impress your "friends" to shoot a bull that's practically tame.

i say they go out and put him to nape time and saw off one horn then see who wants to shoot him then. its pretty bad when you have to pay a bunch of people to watch a animal for you to harvest and call your self a hunter.

The best part will be when the lucky archery hunter is sneeking in on the freak and has him at 20 yards broadside...when out of nowhere comes a 300 mag slug from 1,600 yards aways and hits the bull in the arrrsss. The bull is found months later rotten and his velvety antlers eaten by a pack of pitbulls.

HK

GO HARD KORE AND HERD THIS FREAK TO MY SON'S YOUTH HUNT UNIT

anyone who tries to hunt this bull is a pathetic excuse for a hunter! i would rather fill my tag with a cow or spike in remote country than chase after something like this with all his traveling circus sideshow.

You guys that think this bull is just going to roll over, make me laugh! It's really easy to find and see bulls right now but once August 16th rolls around and the elk and deer see all the dust clouds coming up the canyon it's GAME ON! I gaurantee that bull will NOT be by any roads nor any other quality bull. Give these animals more credit than that.

It's always an adventure!!!
www.awholelottabull.com

AWLB, I have to agree completely with you. I'm not planning on getting to the Monroe unit until August 30, planning on hunting the last 12-13 days of the season, and it would not surprise me at all if that bull is still alive when I get there. I'm not going to spend any time as part of the circus that'll be looking for him. I just want to have a really nice elk hunt for myself and it won't take a bull anywhere near that large to make me ecstatic at my good fortune. That said, I won't be surprised at all if this bull is still alive at the end of the season.

+1 Awholelottabull

Big bucks and bulls don't get big by being stupid. Yes some due makes mistakes and are harvested but far more die of old age than are taken by hunters. Come Aug this bull could just dissapear like he has in years past.

+2 Awholelottabull

Alot of people on here just don't get it nor know Monroe very well. They see the word private and assume high fence, feed and steroids. It is VERY common this time of year for the bulls to be near the roads on top of that mountain. It is a very popular mountain for people to go on rides to get to see some elk, small, large, all sizes. This has been going for years. When the hunt approaches, they begin to pull off. They aren't stupid!

Back to the private issue. Alot of private is on top of that mountain and alot of cabins, but yet hardly a fence anywhere. This is a public bull roaming on mostly public land who happens to stop in a meadow or two every now that is private property. Anyone with 1/100 of clue about Monroe Mtn knows this. The bulls hang out up on top in the meadows in the summer, then pull off because the large herds of cows tend to be off the mountain a bit. This bull will be on public near the beginning on the archery hunt. He's not a private, high fence bull that wandered off or got lost. C'mon now!

H4F

That bull gets pushed off the cattle/elk ranch on the top of mountain because he is part of a private property elk/cattle ranch. They probaly lead him down with a rope and put him in corrals at night after his feeding on clear and the cream. That bull is tainted!

Jimmy,

I don't think anyone thinks he will roll over, I do think he will tip over though! But I guarantee you that with the archery hunt, early Rifle, Muzzleloader, Late Rifle Hunt and the Governor and Sportmans Tag that will go until January 15th targeting this bull... This bull is dead on the hoof, he just doesn't know it yet.

I wonder if he will migrate off to a surrounding unit to rut. Heck, he may even winter on a different unit. I think there are a few people that are too familiar with him, for him to evade another year.

CS

"Helping turn good tags, into great ones." - www.vipoptics.com

LAST EDITED ON Jul-10-08 AT 01:04AM (MST)[p]
I hope someone kills that bull DIY style taht would be awesome then the hunter can name him

THE LORD IS MY ROCK
COLORADO,USA
NRA LIFE MEMBER
HUNTING PASS IT ON

Posted by HKShooter

I want a steriod test when that thing (juiced bull elkious) hits the ground. I'm betting it ain't real (as in real natural). I want an astericks *********** by the score like Barry Bonds HR record ball. Barry Bonds ain't got shizzle on this bull.

Maybe he is a Juiced elk that got away

I mean Look at what STEROIDS did for BARRY BONDS

[font color="black" size="4" face="face"]BARRY BONDS ROOKIE CARD[/font]
barry-bonds-rookie-card.jpg

THE LORD IS MY ROCK
COLORADO,USA
NRA LIFE MEMBER
HUNTING PASS IT ON

WYmoose, maybe it is a dumb name, but I guess in part because of how others interpret it. When I came up with it, I just took the fact that my son and I are nuts about elk hunting. We both love elk hunting, so I said "elknuts". We're from California so I put CA in front of it. Over on bowsite, there are several guys who go by the moniker "elknut" and variations of it. Over there, I use elknuts2, as another bowsiter and I both had elknuts, and he owns a business that makes elk calls and videos so he asked me to change my moniker. I gladly did and when I signed up on this site elknuts2 was taken, so it just sorta morphed into the CA version over here. When I came up with it, I wasn't thinking of the aspect that you and some others envision, so I guess we just think differently.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-10-08 AT 10:17AM (MST)[p]Caelknuts,

I think he was talking about Spider the bulls name, your name is good either way you take it

Well heck, I can agree that "spider" is a dumb name. I kinda went "huh?" when I saw that. I still like "mine" as his name, but realize it's an extreme longshot that he'll ever get that name.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-15-08 AT 09:33PM (MST)[p]when the hunt starts, it will be be the people who know the mountain that may find this bull. This unit is extremely popular in the draw just because all the elk hang in the meadows when in velvet, everybody thinks it will be an easy hunt. Come the first to second week of august they wont be hanging around on the roads no more. Been hunting deer down there for over twenty years and its the same every year. Also hunted elk 6 times between myself and family members since 2000 and we have two tags this year. You find a certain one in the summer every week but once the hunt starts you may never get another glimpse of them until febuary.

>LAST EDITED ON Jul-15-08
>AT 09:33 PM (MST)

>
>when the hunt starts, it will
>be be the people who
>know the mountain that may
>find this bull. This unit
>is extremely popular in the
>draw just because all the
>elk hang in the meadows
>when in velvet, everybody thinks
>it will be an easy
>hunt. Come the first to
>second week of august they
>wont be hanging around on
>the roads no more. Been
>hunting deer down there for
>over twenty years and its
>the same every year. Also
>hunted elk 6 times between
>myself and family members since
>2000 and we have two
>tags this year. You find
>a certain one in the
>summer every week but once
>the hunt starts you may
>never get another glimpse of
>them until febuary.

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Someone who actually KNOWS what they are talking about!!!!!!!

If you guys really want to know what the story is with this bull, just click on the thread titled "spider bull" that 325wsm started, and read my post from last night. That'll clear everything up about this bull, and his brother too.

I wonder how many experts on here, that are giving a full play by play description of how this bull is going to harvested, have ever even been to Monroe.

I will be glad when the hunts start and the MM biologists can get back the hills and hunt.

What would prevent someone from releasing a high fenced bull on public land? Obviously a bull of that magnitude would be worth a lot of money to someone raising elk but if you really think about it someone would be willing to pay an outfitter (or someone else) a great deal of $ to purchase a tag or hunt private land (not high fenced) in a unit that is open to hunting..especially if it was close to a B&C world record!

Another question arises...If a bull is released or escapes a high fence and is shot in a free-ranging setting will that bull be able to be entered into the P&Y or B&C books? There are some pretty wild scenerios that could happen in the coming years! It is pretty spooking where high $ hunting is headed! If the Spider Bull is shot this year it would be interesting to do a blood test to check to see if he is legit! It sure would ease a lot of controversy!

LAST EDITED ON Jul-17-08 AT 10:32PM (MST)[p]For all you doubters! I know this bull is legit, cause we have video and horns off of him for the last two years. It is amazing to see how much a bull can change and grow from year to year. Hopefully he will make it one more year and watch him Shed again! Tines uP

He can post the pics but if browtine or any other nuker doesn't like it, it will be gone. Wonder if this will be nuked as well. It blows be away how some things said on this sight get by and other things get tossed. You gotta love it.

>He can post the pics but
>if browtine or any other
>nuker doesn't like it, it
>will be gone. Wonder if
>this will be nuked as
>well. It blows be away
>how some things said on
>this sight get by and
>other things get tossed. You
>gotta love it.

Why would pictures of sheds get nuked? Unless they have naked women posing with them they would NOT get nuked.

I agree on certain posts getting nuked and others not, I think ANY post that bad mouths a real person that has NOTHING to support the claims should be NUKED.

#####, you guys have some great footage of this bull, well done and thanks.

PRO

Define, develop, and sustain BOTH trophy and opportunity hunts throughout the state of Utah.

their saving the sheds for their next video so people will have to wait and fork out 20 bucks to see them. sounds like something i would do too! gotta make some money some way! tinez up rules! thanks for the hat and shirt and dvds guys!

BigRacks,
I have not nuked ANY photos of video of this bull. I agree with Pro, there has been some great stuff posted.

buck1.gif

Later, Brandon

Well, SOMEBODY, nuked the thread titled "spider bull". It was running right along, and all of a sudden POOF! Gone!

I don't know of anything offensive at all that was posted on that thread. I'm sure I'm not the only one who wonders why it was dumped.

>If you guys really want to
>know what the story is
>with this bull, just click
>on the thread titled "spider
>bull" that 325wsm started, and
>read my post from last
>night. That'll clear everything
>up about this bull, and
>his brother too.

Since the "spider bull" thread has been nuked, please tell us what you had to say, I'm curious.

Cast_n_blast

If this is a free ranging bull which it sounds like it is ? Why are there people bashing the people who are going to try for it ? Are you telling me that if you take a pic of a huge bull in my area that I cant go after without feeling bad ? Who cares if someone is watching it and paying for a chance at him, its still elk hunting and anything can happen. Gary

hey , if your gonna express yourself on this site, it better make sense in 3 words or less! hunt dont shoot!

LAST EDITED ON Jul-18-08 AT 07:05PM (MST)[p]Well we tried to share some video that we have of the bull from this summer, but it got nuked! I am not sure why? It seem's like anything we put on here with TU disappears. So if i did post all the video and shed's it would probably just get nuked anyways! We will just have to let someone else post pics of him from the last two years? I love this website!

Tines up is picked on *rolls eyes* Question, what else besides the video has disappeared Tad? PM me if you want. How many different user names do you have on this site???!?!?!? I will end this on a positive note.. Your new deer vid preview looks good.
buck1.gif

Later, Brandon

LAST EDITED ON Jul-18-08 AT 10:29PM (MST)[p]One of you guys deleted the video, if you dont want it on here that's ok! But it's not the first time its happened either. Thanks for the comp on the video it's almost done. When's your shed video going to be out? I have about 3 usernames, gotta keep you boys guessing? I actually just keep forgetting my password. Hey brandon do you guide for mossback? Good luck with all your hunts this year! TR

Elkcrzy, if I am fortunate enough to kill this bull, which is EXTREMELY UNLIKELY, it is going to upset/disappoint a ton of people. If you wonder why I say that, it is because I won't be posting pictures all over the web, or making videos to sell. I also won't be debating anyone about the ethics of the hunt, or the legitimacy of this or any other bull I might be fortunate enough to take. That'll mostly be because I have better things to do than justify it to strangers. I'd much rather spend my time enjoying his backstraps with friends.

I hope you do get him, That would be great a regular joe getting the biggest Bull on a DIY hunt. Dream do come true, But you would have to change your name to Disneyland AKA CAelknuts. Good Luck in your hunt Buddy.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-19-08 AT 11:58AM (MST)[p]Tad,

Nope, not a guide. Shed Freak 2 should be out soon. Its coming along really slow. No one has alot of time.

buck1.gif

Later, Brandon

Hey I'm just wondering if this could be, or turn out to be the longest thread in Monster Mulies History. A whole lot of speculation on this Bull. I think this thread could still possibly be going even after this Bull hits the ground.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom