headed to 44 for deer Monday!

COLOelkman

Very Active Member
I'm heading to 44 early Monday to help a guy that has a deer tag. He's had a few guys that were going to help him that all backed out the last couple days so not what he was planning on. I might wanna hunt it next year but haven't been there this time of year so decided to "help out" although I'm not experienced at judging deer. He has scouted this summer and been talking with a few people so he's got several places in mind but we're open to any other suggestions if anyone would like to help via PM or otherwise. He was thinking about turning it back in but decided with the current conditions, it might be best to just go for it and hope for the best. Any tips or advice is appreciated even at this late stage!

He did get a nice 30" buck on Saturday and preferred not to have photos posted. It was a fun hunt and could have shot bucks every time out but just not a lot of big ones. We scouted Monday and Tuesday and the weather was relatively warm with much of the snow melting creating some really muddy conditions on several roads. I'm undecided if I want to draw this next year. We only heard of one other bigger buck being shot and the hunters did not find it the last we'd heard.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Blue Mountain Outfitters

Unit 10 trophy deer and elk in Northwest Colorado. Guaranteed tags. Call Kent (801) 562-1802

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom