Headed to Montana!!

Paul_Crawford

Long Time Member
Leaving for vacation Wednesday. Probably spend the first night in Elko. Then up through Idaho to Glacier Park in Montana. After that, down through Yellowstone and home. Anyone have any cool stops, sights, or fishin' spots I should check out on the way? PC

LAST EDITED ON Jul-18-05 AT 03:16PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jul-18-05 AT 03:15?PM (MST)

A couple of Nevada gems --

If you wanted to burn a day while in Elko, take the LaMoille Canyon Highway until you come to the end. Park and take the switcback trail to Island Lake -- it's about a 2 mile hike. It's moderate in difficulty. Make sure you bring two things -- a fishing pole and a camera. You will have a good chance at catching some beautiful Golden Trout and you stand a chance to see a Mountain Goat or the even more elusive Hungarian Snowcock.

Or if time is of the essence, take a 13 mile break from I-80 when you get to Wells and go to Angel Lake. Follow the signs when you get to Wells. It's a beautiful lake and you often see Bighorns and Mountain Goats. It's a great place to eat lunch and catch some nice Trout!

Have fun!

Hit Elko at dinner time, Star Hotel, great Basque food, maybe even a cold beer....LOL. Cody, WY....Buffalo Bill Historical Museum....great gun collection.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

PC

CAN rutnbuck,JACKMASTER & MYSELF SHOW YOU THE WAY TO MONTANA???

REMEMBER & WATCH THE FENCELINES!!!

WITH 4 OF US WHO KNOWS WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN???

THE ONLY bobcat THINKING THAT WHERE THERE IS BASQUE FOOD THE SHEEP AIN'T FAR AWAY!!!

PC,

If you get up to Island Lake up in the Ruby Mts, could you scout me out a 180+ buck? Be sure and take a GPS. Shouldn't take more than a week!:)

Thanks Paul, I knew I could count on you.

Steve

easy BOBCAT I was just starting to get over it!
REMEMBER..... GET CAUGHT JUST ONCE HAVING SEX WITH SHEEP AND YOU WILL ALWAYS BE A SHEEP F_____ER..........
no fence req'd for the others just a bib,rains and spurs!
RM

sheep don't talk.......

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
--Benjamin Franklin 1759

IF YOU CAN TRY TO SPEND A NIGHT/TIME IN GARDINER MONTANA JUST OUT SIDE THE NORTH ENTRANCE/ COOL TOWN/ COLD BEER AND GOOD FOOD. ALSO A MUST STOP IS CODY. YD.

Paul,

By all means, when you get into Elko, take the 301 exit and go to the Commercial Hotel, turn right and go straight for two blocks and the STAR HOTEL is on the right corner. You won't regret it either, the food is THAT GOOD.
Also if you can get over there like previously mentioned, stop at Buffalo Bill's Museaum in Cody, WYO. That will take up a day right there alone.

Have a good trip, leave the MT women alone but drink there BEER.

Brian

PC,
If your going through Carson City you need to go to
69 Moonlite Rd.
Lots of Cold beer and I hear the "eatin" is really good as well. ;-)
Oh yeah, tell Air Force Amy I said hi!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom