Heading to Unit 80/81 this week

slickhunter

Decided to try units 80/81 OTC archery this year, I see some snow in the forecast for Tue-Thurs so that should be interesting, we arrive Thursday for a ~10 day hunt so hopefully snow will push some down from the highest elevations. So looking forward to getting out West, not much mountains here on the east coast! Love getting into the mountains, camping out and chasing elk, hopefully find some, I'm no stranger to OTC Colo so I know what to expect, trying to mentailly prepare for the crowds, not seeing much elk, but being in the mts sure beats being behind a desk so these trips at least keep me in shape!

Next year going to spend some money on a guided hunt, maybe NM or Wy, we'll see. Really want to get some opportunities at arrowing a bull, but that's next year. Good luck to all this year

Anyone going to be out in those units next week?

send me a PM and I will give you an excellent reference on an outfitter for next year for CO Sometimes he may be booked a year in advance so you would need to get his info soon.

Be ready to get wet. We were up in the wilderness and had 30” of snow up top where we were camped.
21C8DB41-983D-4E3A-A665-8AC4A8659CB7.jpeg
6CFDC383-D92C-4885-AAAC-0775761FB9F8.jpeg

That's some tough camping conditions! I'm flying out this weekend, will be curious to see if this snow will push any down to lower elevations. The snow looks pretty, but hiking up mountains as a flatlanders is tough enough, in 2 feet of snow......oh my. I think I'll be checking the lower elevations first, guess this all just adds the challenge and fun!

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom