Health Care Ideas--

2_Point

Very Active Member
With the pending Health Care reform, what are the alternatives out there? In a perfect world the government would let the consumer and provider work out their differences, but that isn't going to happen any more.

Here is a simple idea I have: The government covers all cancer, heart procedures, diabetic, and ADD type disorders. These are far and away the most expensive costs to health care. Eliminate those expenses from the equation and health insurance would be significantly cheaper.

Or the government could pay a hospital within 100 mile radius where all non-insured, non-life threatening injured would be treated. Life threatening injured would be stablized and then transported to the Government run facility. Kind of like a VA hospital situation. This would also significantly reduce the costs associated with honest paying insured customers. (Yes, I believe it is dishonest to go to recieve some type of service with no intention of paying for the service.)

Any other ideas?

My idea would be to let the patient and provider work out their differences. I know it's a monumental idea but would it really be that hard to implement! If government would get out of it all together it would work itself out. It would of course take some time, but just like any service, supply and demand would determine the cost. For instance, my wife has money taken out of her paychecks which covers our family's healthcare. We have a $30.00 co-pay per person every time we visit the doctor. This keeps me from going to the doctor for the sniffles. Most "sniffles" cases are simply common colds or viruses that simply have to run their course yet people go to the doctor and get antibiotics for every damn thing. People receiving government healthcare (i.e. Medi-cal) go to the doctor the minute they sneeze. It is a simple matter of priority. People say that they cannot afford health insurance yet they are quick to pay their $150.00 cell phone bill for the Iphone. Many can't wait to pay $60.00 for the latest edition of Madden for their PS3. And God forbid they give up drinking beer or smoking cigarettes to help pay for health insurance. Simple choices in life determine success or failure. If you are 35 years old and are working at Taco Bell making $9.00 an hour and complaining that you can't afford health insurance, I would have to say look back at the choices you made in life to get you there. In the end the rich lose their wealth because they will be the ones who pay for the poor choices of the stupid people.

Piper, how's your period?

Zigga, it's past your bedtime!

Hdude, Jose needs a yob!

How about the Fed's start enforcing our immigration laws for starters? It's a pretty well known fact that illegals are putting a huge financial strain on our hospitals and emergency rooms.

Next I would stop making it so profitable to be an attorney. Our doctors and hospitals pay insane amounts of money for malpractice insurance, legal costs, and settlements. Who do you think pays for this stuff? Most doctors will tell you that it's not a matter of "if" you will ever get sued, it's a matter of "when".

I'd also look into the insurance companies, and after that I'd figure out why it's so much cheaper to buy perscriptions in Mexico than here in the US?

If none of that stuff helps then perhaps we should recognize that it's not governments responsibility to provide citizens with free health care. Would someone please show me or explain to me where in the US constitution that the Fed Gov't is required or obligated to provide health care for citizens?

When the constitution was written leaches and a saw were health care and it didn't cost much.

No civilized nation will deny it's citizens health care, you just can't, that does not include illegals but that's another issue. so the fact is nobody in America is going to be allowed to die on the hospital steps, as soon as you get that figured out you'll be a step ahead of the game.

Californiahorn if you think all people should be able to afford health insurance or get a job with it you're working with a better class of workers than an ag operation employs. I have guys too dumb to pour pee out of a boot, they were just born dumb and no amount of life coaching or instruction will ever make them a doctor or even a truck driver, they do the best they can with what they were born with. yes some people make poor choices in life and that's another matter but many of these people never had a chance at doing any better than they are, and that's not good enough to go to the doctor and pay for it.

2 points first idea of having the government pay for catastrophic illness was John Kerrys fix for the problem, when he ran for President, Dude, your exactly right about why the founders didn't have much to say about health care, and I don't know why people just blame insurance companys for drug costs, maybe its other things, like big pharma using their lobbying power to stifle competetion? The Health care industry is never going to be regulated very well by competetion and supply and demand, do people having a heart attack go shopping for the best price? I know that many other countrys do a lot better job controlling costs and availability, and if we don't shape up it will be a huge contributor to our nations decline.

Exactly... so show me where the Constitution gives us the right to Federal health care?

The only right a person has to health care in this country is to bust their A$$ and work for it. That's the American way! If you want free health care then move...

And speaking of leaches... Illegal's are not another issue! As I said before get rid of them and lawyers and we will have solved a good portion of the problem.

Bulzeye- did you not understand what dude said? Health care is not free, never has been, but it should not be nearly so insanely expensive as it is, not hard to understand that is it?

Of course Hdude there is always the exception but I would say the rule is that most people have at least some common sense. Yes there is people that are just plain stupid but it's the majority of people that simply choose not to have health coverage that I'm referring to. I know because I employ several of them. We have to get illegals out of the government pocketbook for starters and then tort reform. I believe those two things right there will bring health care costs down. I also believe that healthcare will always cost enough that people will have to sacrifice something to pay for it. Think about it, we have the best doctors in the world, the best medecines, the best technology and the best scientists constantly bringing new treatments to the table. I have not researched but I would guess that Americans also have a longer life expectancy. I pay about $500.00 a month for my family of six, and if I didn't think I could afford this, I would have kept the condom on. Personal responsibility has gone by the wayside in this country because everyone knows the gov't will rescue them. If people want affordable healthcare with no higher taxes, drastic changes will have to be made that a lot of people won't like at first.

Piper, how's your period?

Zigga, it's past your bedtime!

Hdude, Jose needs a yob!

>Bulzeye- did you not understand what
>dude said? Health care
>is not free, never has
>been, but it should not
>be nearly so insanely expensive
>as it is, not hard
>to understand that is it?
>

Put what ever kind of bleeding heart liberal spin you want on it Piper... Did you not understand what I asked?... I'll say it again in case your one of the people that Dude was referring to that was "just born Dumb". Show me where the US Constitution says that the Federal Government is required to provide health care for its citizens? Not to hard to understand that is it?

Until we take the illegals and attorneys out of the equation nothing else will ever matter.

no its not hard to understand, but the founders would be laughing their tails off at us, there wasn't a health care issue at all then, and now there is a huge one, how pathetic and stupid Americans have become, not being able to make better for themselves, the best they can say is its not in the constitution? they would be ashamed, but really we should be.

People who blame so much on attorneys have never had a doctor or provider actually make a mistake. I don't want to live in a country that doesn't allow recourse through the courts for a true malpractice claim.

There are ways to reduce the impact of malpractice suits but that isn't being discussed because trial lawyers are almost 100% democrats.

The federal government could offer to pickup that tab and act as the reinsurer on all claims exceeding a certain level. Lets say the underlying policy pays up to $100,000 or $150,000 etc and after that the Feds step in and provide reinsurance. The underlying layer of insurance would be required to be guaranteed issued and people would be reguired to either buy a plan or pay a tax and self insure up to that level.

This won't happen because it won't give the liberals in this country enough control over the money.

Nemont

"Until we take the illegals and attorneys out of the equation nothing else will ever matter."

Exactly. This point keeps comming up, but Dude, Obama, and piper say NO! We can't do that.

If you don't want a solution, don't ask.

If you want a $25 heart bypass with the option of suing the doctor afterward for $27 million if the scar is too long, good luck, I hope you find it.

I heard on the radio the other day that the US has 20,000,000 children on the free school lunch programs. If you're too irresponsible to make your kid a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch, you better hope Congress comes up with some kind of health care program. That's what the founders would be embarrassed about.

One problem is that health care has grown out of control. It used to be for when you got sick. Now health care is almost our national past time. Now you see ads on TV saying "Ask your doctor if ------- (insert your drug of choice) is right for you." Restless leg syndrome is almost a pandemic. Who would have known?

Or you have this scenario. Little Johnny has a headache. You have insurance through work, so you take little Johnny to the doctor. After a few questions (like who is your insurance carrier?) the doctor decides he better do all the tests in case something is really wrong. So he orders blood tests, an MRI or CAT scan to keep from getting sued. They come back negative, but since you have insurance, the doctor suggests an alergy screen, or maybe some psychology tests to see if if that may be a solution. Your insurance provider gets a bill for $7345 for Johnnys headache. And then when the insurance provider raises the rates, people scream bloody murder. The medical providers have to charge that much because they are forced to re-coop from all the welfare patients who are "entitled" to free health care. Plus malpractice insurance is so high.

So here we are.

>no its not hard to understand,
>but the founders would be
>laughing their tails off at
>us, there wasn't a
>health care issue at all
>then, and now there is
>a huge one, how pathetic
>and stupid Americans have become,
>not being able to make
>better for themselves, the best
>they can say is its
>not in the constitution? they
>would be ashamed, but really
>we should be.

The founders would be rolling over in their graves because the constitution was designed to keep the Federal Gov't out of our lives not to create ways to get it more involved.

Just how are we making "better" for ourselves by creating bigger Gov't?

LAST EDITED ON Jul-03-09 AT 09:27PM (MST)[p]The only time I was ever going to file a lawsuit and maybe use a lawyer in my entire life, was the last time I had to deal with auto insurance, some sort of tort reform is fine, but we probably need some insurance reform also. Here in the red state of Wyoming tort reform was a hot topic, until they researched the idea, what they found was there were hardly any million dollar plus lawsuits ever filed in the state,after that not much more was ever said about the issue.

Hello! I love to train in the gym. It gives me a lot of pleasure. I’ve been training for 7 years and only recently found out that a massage done after a workout accelerates muscle gain or weight loss. How? Everything is simple! After training, our muscles are tense. They need to be relaxed and the sooner the better. Using the percussion massager, you can massage yourself, thereby relaxing your muscles and letting the beneficial minerals help your muscles recover.
I bought my percussion massager from communityclinicassociation.org
Now my workouts are much more effective!

It would appear a more astute and active member of the forum saw through the attempt in peaking our interest in one's ability to develop his deltoids, gluts and biceps on the political forum with a vibrator.

We're a little older crowd and can always use some pointers on new ways to use a vibrator for self fulfillment in a more topical and more gratifying region of our bodies.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom