Hearing protection???

mickeyelk

Very Active Member
Looking around for some advise on some hunting ear protection. Will only use for hunting and nothing else. There is so many and I don't want to spend a lot of money to just try them on, and if I don't like them, then ebay gets another product to sell. I saw the Axil Extreme GS 2.0. Like what I saw but would like any info of anyone that people has used them. I don't want to spend the money on a Tetra 90, which I believe might be the nicest. (Have some hearing loss now). There might be others and if so please submit them and I'll research them also. I shoot a 300 win mag with a break on it is why I am considering. I know, take off the break, but its sill loud and bothers my hearing. Any advise?

I use the foam ear plugs. Cheap, readily available, no big deal if lost, fit in any pocket, exceed OSHA requirements got noise reduction.

Last edited:
Thought about those but while hunting I figure they will not last and deteer from what I want to do. Hunting is my main concern. Thanks for the info.

Sound gear. I have them and there awesome. Batteries last a day or more if wearing all day. Comfortable, enhance your hearing snd when you shoot instant protection. I shoot a 30 nosler with a break that rattles the windows. They work , not cheap though

Sound gear. I have them and there awesome. Batteries last a day or more if wearing all day. Comfortable, enhance your hearing snd when you shoot instant protection. I shoot a 30 nosler with a break that rattles the windows. They work , not cheap though
well of course not cheap.....but the guy that wants to up odds by getting no refunds.....you can more than afford them.....

+1 for Soundgear.I just started working with Otopro, for Soundgear Phantom. 90dB cutoff. $1400. I figured it would be cheaper than going completely deaf.

Yep the best money I ever spent was buying a suppressor. I wish I did that a long time ago. Buy one that's 30cal and it will cover most of the guns you will shoot.

Another vote for a suppressor. If that isn't an option, see if an audiologist in your area can custom fit some plugs.

I’ve got hearing loss from shooting from many years !! Now it’s too late, but I never shoot any HP rifle or shotgun with out the best ear plugs I can afford - the left ear ? is the one that catches the blasts the worst. Don’t forget!
Jerry Gold - Windsor, Colorado ???

I'm also interested in this thread, For range shooting, grass cutting, or anything loud, I use earplugs and earmuffs. Really good sound protection. I recently received my suppressor and am really looking forward to trying it out at the range, and possibly hunting as well.

I ended up getting the axel and don't like it at all. Purchased a silencer for my 300 mag. Hope when I get its quiet enough.

If you just bought it, plan on waiting a year for ATF to approve it. Just got mine. Took about 10 months. Not sure if it was this thread of another, but some have waited almost a year, even with the electronic application.

Good luck.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom