Heavy Idaho buck, score...

huntindad4

Very Active Member
......the landing.
20201014_121603.jpg

20201014_121540.jpg

I gave him a 9.5 for the dramatic tumble and landing....

Killed him on public land in a general tag. We ate 4 other tags. It was a tough year for us.

Ran a tape on him today and he came out better than I thought. Might as well let others take a shot as well.

Outside spread is 23".
20201014_123647.jpg

20201014_123628.jpg

20201014_123622.jpg

20201014_125743.jpg

I will post score and pic of my scoresheet later.

He looks a little better right side up and untangled from the tree. I think I shorted him a little on his beams and didn’t catch the extra at his bases. I think he’s a whisper under 170

He looks a little better right side up and untangled from the tree. I think I shorted him a little on his beams and didn’t catch the extra at his bases. I think he’s a whisper under 170
Haha, yeah he cleaned up pretty good.

176, I'm staring at one on the wall beside me that looks identical except your buck's forks are a little stronger + couple inches more out of the eyeguards. Puts him 9" over this one at 167.

Here is the score I got. Excuse my chicken scratch.
20201029_183109.jpg

Inside spread: 18-6=8

LEFT RIGHT
MB- 22-5/8. 22-5/8

G1- 2-4/8. 2-1/8

G2. 15-5/8. 15-3/8

G3. 8-3/8. 7-7/8

G4. 9-2/8. 11-2/8

H1. 5-2/8. 5-2/8

H2. 4-4/8. 4-4/8

H3. 4-2/8. 4

H4. 4-4/8. 4-4/8

Extra eyeguard 2"

Tot. 78-7/8. Tot. 77-4/8

Total. 175-1/8

Well my format didn't actually come out how I wanted, haha. Almost as hard to read the clarification as it is the score sheet. Oh well, you should get the gist.

Also noticed that I added the 2 inch extra eyeguard to the left instead of the right....

Okay Homer, go ahead and tear it apart, haha.

Well my format didn't actually come out how I wanted, haha. Almost as hard to read the clarification as it is the score sheet. Oh well, you should get the gist.

Also noticed that I added the 2 inch extra eyeguard to the left instead of the right....

Okay Homer, go ahead and tear it apart, haha.

Actually he was pretty close. JB was most likely talking the REAL (net) score, which according to your numbers would put it at 167 6/8”?

Actually he was pretty close. JB was most likely talking the REAL (net) score, which according to your numbers would put it at 167 6/8”?

I agree, I’m sure Homer was talking net.

My comment wasn’t a response to his of closer to 165 than 175, but more to his (undeserved IMO) rep here of giving his lower but usually more accurate honest opinion on scores. Beasy likes to give him grief about it, I was just doing the same.

I am very happy with the buck, and he scored a bit higher than I thought he might.

PS, Roy I have a buck I am a bit confused on how to score that I may PM you a few questions on at a later time if that’s ok?

My best friend, Guy Hooper is an official scorer. I've watched him a few times and it looks easy.....if you know how to do it. It can be confusing if you don't. I enjoy watching him.

An

My comment wasn’t a response to his of closer to 165 than 175, but more to his (undeserved IMO) rep here of giving his lower but usually more accurate honest opinion on scores. Beasy likes to give him grief about it, I was just doing the same.

I am very happy with the buck, and he scored a bit higher than I thought he might.

PS, Roy I have a buck I am a bit confused on how to score that I may PM you a few questions on at a later time if that’s

PS, Roy I have a buck I am a bit confused on how to score that I may PM you a few questions on at a later time if that’s ok?

Absolutely.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom