Hells Canyon rafting

nvhunter

Wanting to do a 2/3 day Hells Canyon rafting trip this year. I'm originally from Idaho but have been gone so long I know nothing about anyone who does rafting trips. Of course I'm looking for a reputable guide, fun trip, maybe be able to buy the entire boat with 6-7 people. Anyone have any recommendations?

I'm not sure that he guides in Hells Canyon, but look up Matt Laine at Wild River Adventures. They are based in Riggins

I think Killgore only runs jets. I can't speak for Wild River Adventures; haven't heard of them. You might contact Jerry Hughes and Hughes River Expeditions. They are out of Cambridge and are one of Idaho's oldest and most reputable crews. This is shaping up to be a better water year and should be a good summer on the lower Salmon. This is a fun trip. Big water, great camping and family fun. Bring your glass, you will have the opportunity to see some great sheep country. Sturgeon fishing to boot. Best of luck. This is my neck of the woods, let me know if I can help.

That sounds like a great time, i don't want to try and hijack this thread but was just starting to do some research on a mule deer hunt around there, hiring some one to take us up the river about 20miles or how ever far a guy needed to.Has anyone done a hunt like that. Thanks

The Hells Canyon units are controlled for deer. I think 13 is the easiest to draw., because access is tough with most of the stuff on top being private. Most of the deer are up high anyhow, but it is pretty tough to hunt Hells Canyon from the bottom. 18 is your best bet. Not terribly tough to draw, but the unit crams a load of hunters together, as there are usually three or four overlapping seasons at any given point. It really is a fun float trip or jet-tour. The jet option is just a day-trip, but you can usually get on a boat for about $100-$150 per person as opposed to a multi-day trip (usually 4-5 for lower Salmon) that will run well over a grand per person. Best of luck. The Hells Canyon units in Idaho (22,18,13,11) are awesome.

thanks for the great advice. I will take a look at those units and see what i come up with. Sounds like it could be a pretty fun time.

Had a fantastic trip this past season with Mountain River Outfitters in Riggins. Entire family loved the experience. Guides were professional, entertaining, knowledgeable and great cooks! We had a great trip and are planning a return trip with extended family.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom