Help! AZ Archery

L

Lucky2Hunt

Drew an AZ units 10, 18a & 18b archery antelope tag. Am so pumped, but also so paniced. First time hunting 'lopes' PLEASE any info will help. My comfortable shooting range is 35 - 40 yards should I push that up? What do I do? Do I sit water, I have a portable blind, do I go out and get a decoy? Like I say I'm really starting to panic, a little more than a month to go.
Practice practice pratice!!!!!!!

Dude not to be mean but thats a hard and also a great hunt
unit 10 is the best unit for antelope
best bet is to scout alot and of course make up alot of blinds near the water and sit in them all day make plenty blinds though you may get skunked on some of the blinds

I've been putting in for that hunt for the past couple years and I finally drew it this year. There are many huge bucks in each unit but I've scouted the units for the last few years and it seems 10 has been hit the hardest by the drought. Don't panic, just get out and check out all the units. Talk to the unit biologist. People seem to get hung up on 10 but in my opinion there are just as many good bucks in the 18's and less pressure. As far as technique, I prefer spot and stalk in rolling/canyon country. Good Luck

bROTHER NLAW JUST SAW A MONSTER HE WAS VERY ADAMENT ABOUT IT BEING HUGE 2 MILES NORTH OF THE BOQULLAS RANCH HEADQUARTERS. ALSO SAID NUMBERS ARE DOWN FROM A FEW YEARS AGO NOT SEEING A COUPLE HUNDRED EVERY COUPLE HOUR5S BUT ABOUT 70 TO 100 LOPES SPOTTED PER DAY. HE LIVES IN SELIGMAN.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom