Help field judging this bull! What do you think he scores before my LE hunt?

UTEMAN84014

LAST EDITED ON Nov-03-18 AT 01:32PM (MST)[p]Updated with pictures! Sorry about that. Last week I found this bull at 1250 yards. My LE elk late hunt starts next weekend and I was wondering what you guys think this guy would score?? I'm not good at field judging so I was thinking if I get enough guesses maybe the average would be close :) I kind of have an idea what he would score but would like other opinions. He has a really BIG G4 on left side. His G3's seem a little week to me. Anyways, I would shoot him opening morning. 19 points and cant wait to finally hunt! Thanks for the comments and guesses in advance!

svgwcdw.png

iHp9uaF.png

4aJloZe.png

rhDpdLI.png

2j93dK9.png

0laPxEJ.jpg

svgwcdw.png

I'm guessing 343, average mass, decent length, ok fronts, short thirds good sword on the 7 side, decent back end. Just a guess kinda hard to see.

I'm thinking 340 class, 19 yrs is along wait. Where you are hunting would determine if he is a shooter early

If he is the biggest you have found, I wouldn't wait on pulling the trigger. High 330 class bull IMO

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

I don't want to be the provider of bad news, but if you're talking net score I don't think he will make 330?. I think you're looking at around 290 ? 310?. Too many inconsistencies from side to side, if you look at him from the stand point of overall character and a nice looking bull he's a shooter. Don?t always get hung-up on what he scores but what he brings, and how you feel about him.

nobody guesses a score based on net score! He is asking for gross score, the same thing everyone asks for when talking score. I don't mean to be the provider of bad news but nobody actually cares about net score unless it's a record book type animal.

I agree he is a 330 class bull. I say kill him on any late bull hunt in the country.

It all depends on what you're looking for I guess, but I always consider record book potential when judging an animal. I'm not saying not to shoot him he's a nice elk.

>I don't want to be the
>provider of bad news, but
>if you're talking net score
>I don't think he will
>make 330?. I think you're
>looking at around 290 ?
>310?. Too many inconsistencies from
>side to side, if you
>look at him from the
>stand point of overall character
>and a nice looking bull
>he's a shooter. Don?t always
>get hung-up on what he
>scores but what he brings,
>and how you feel about
>him.

Fishhabit

Nets are for fishing. ?

>Any updates on this hunt/bull?<

Well Mr Wonder, I was thinking the same thing!

The hunt's over and maybe he could never relocate that bull...or any bull for that matter. Late hunts are sometimes difficult and there's no shame, regardless of the outcome.

Zeke

#livelikezac

Here is my 2018 LE Late hunt bull. To be honest I've heard this hunt could be the hardest or best hunt of the year. I decided to give it a shot. I have to tell you it was definitely the best hunt I've ever been on and exactly what I was looking for.

I shot this bull on the 3rd day of the hunt. Not a giant but I'm happy with how it went down. No sign of the bull that I asked the score on above unfortunately. We actually saw over 35 bulls in 3 days that were all decent bulls. Lots of 5x5's and 5x6's that were close to the caliber of the bull I shot. I couldn't believe it. Not a single rag horn or cow elk was spotted. The bulls were still up high and very aggressive, fighting, etc. It was extremely cold at 9500 ft. but such a great hunt.

Funny story is this bull was the biggest I saw until I shot it and 2 bulls came busting out of the timber from the side of him still fighting. One was easily a 350-360 6x7 with a front tine that came down across his face in the opposite direction. My dad and I couldn't help but laugh and watch them fight around my dead bull. Wish I had a picture of him to guess the score. It was 9 degrees that morning and my iphone would stop working and lock up when I tried to put the phone scope on him. Overall, I couldn't be happier. Awesome hunt and great memories with my dad.

LmtAy9g.jpg

OhDPlVl.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom