Help for my Dad! unit 10 early archery elk

Falro

So my Dad decided to cash in his points this year and drew a unit 10 early archery elk tag. This will be a DIY hunt the whole season but with minimal scouting opportunity since we’re coming from Ohio. Planning on spending time on the Big Bo and nearby. If anyone has had this tag and is willing to share their experience or some Info It would be greatly appreciated, we want to do everything we can to make this an amazing experience for him. Also willing on sharing info on Colorado elk and Ohio public land whitetail in return. Thanks

Could look at a preseason scouting trip from one the local guys. My son did that a few back and it was money. No much investment and a days hanging with guide.
Worked well for us, good option for someone not going guided

Won’t have trouble finding em, (especially on big Bo) great tag to have. The problem will only be the regret of not holding out for a bigger one. All I can say is don’t worry about others, if your dad is happy let it fly.

Hunt water on the Bo early and late.
I wouldn’t recommend hunting water at any time on the big Bo they have their own set of rules, and they prohibit hunting within 100 yards of water. Rule 19

IMG_5856.png

Could look at a preseason scouting trip from one the local guys. My son did that a few back and it was money. No much investment and a days hanging with guide.
Worked well for us, good option for someone not going guided
We contacted a few people and guides and they all kinda told us that they would send us into the second hand areas since they would put their guided hunters and close friends on the big bulls they find. For what they were charging we figured we might as well just spend that money on gas to scout our selves. I wonder what the laws are on paying gas money to a local guy who’s not a guide to do some scouting.

I've hunted 10 for many years now, including the Boquillas. Before it became popular and you could get a tag every couple years. When you could camp for an entire archery elk season and have one vehicle drive by in a week.

There are plenty of great areas off the Boquillas. Of course everybody is going to tell you why limit yourself, it's only a few bucks. But I wouldn't pay to hunt it. Are there good areas, absolutely. Are there big bulls, hell ya. But there are enough areas off it to make it worth while and not something that is needed.

I've hunted 10 for many years now, including the Boquillas. Before it became popular and you could get a tag every couple years. When you could camp for an entire archery elk season and have one vehicle drive by in a week.

There are plenty of great areas off the Boquillas. Of course everybody is going to tell you why limit yourself, it's only a few bucks. But I wouldn't pay to hunt it. Are there good areas, absolutely. Are there big bulls, hell ya. But there are enough areas off it to make it worth while and not something that is needed.
And when you go off the Bo you rarely see anyone.

Illegal to compensate anyone other than a licensed guide in AZ. Meals, lodging, gas and cash are all considered compensation. I hope to be up there a lot in August scouting for a friend that drew a pronghorn tag. I'll shoot you a PM to let you know what I'm seeing.

Illegal to compensate anyone other than a licensed guide in AZ. Meals, lodging, gas and cash are all considered compensation. I hope to be up there a lot in August scouting for a friend that drew a pronghorn tag. I'll shoot you a PM to let you know what I'm seeing.
Good to know! Thanks I’d appreciate that.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom