HELP! I'm trying to find my Grandpa's buck

Huntkillco

I am reaching out to see if anyone has seen or owns my Grandpa's buck? I am willing to trade or buy back the old buck. My Grandpa owned Ray's cafe in Nephi UT and I have been searching/hunting this old buck for quite some time. Any information would be great, Thanks

77106img1513.jpg

Check Kirt Darners Stash!

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

That is a stud of a buck I wish you all the luck in locating him. There was a old guy out here in the Basin that a twin brother to your grandpa buck and some azzhole broke in his house and took it right off the wall.He has passed away now,he never did find his buck.

>That is a stud of a
>buck I wish you all
>the luck in locating him.
>There was a old guy
>out here in the Basin
>that a twin brother to
>your grandpa buck and some
>azzhole broke in his house
>and took it right off
>the wall.He has passed away
>now,he never did find his
>buck.

Wasn't there 2 of them Stolen about the Same time arns?

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

RE: HELP! I'm trying to find my Grandpda's buck

What was your grandpa?s name? When and where was that buck taken?

-Hawkeye-

My Favorite Expo Tag Quotes:

"It is fair to ask how much comes in with the five dollar application fees and how much went onto the ground.? Don Peay of SFW during 3/31/2005 Wildlife Board Meeting.

"There will be a full accounting of how the applications fees are spent.? Don Peay of SFW - 9/26/2006 - Monstermuleys.com

Thanks for the feedback, his name was Ray Kelson, I think it was back in the 60s when it was either purchased or given away. I don't think there was foul play. He had won the big buck contest at the golden nugget.

That guy that had the Rainbow inn in Idaho, Might of had it or one that was close to it. But I believe he sold out and moved. I have no idea where that collection is now.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

>>That is a stud of a
>>buck I wish you all
>>the luck in locating him.
>>There was a old guy
>>out here in the Basin
>>that a twin brother to
>>your grandpa buck and some
>>azzhole broke in his house
>>and took it right off
>>the wall.He has passed away
>>now,he never did find his
>>buck.
>
>Wasn't there 2 of them Stolen
>about the Same time arns?
>
>
>
>
>yes there was my wife's uncle had his stolen out of his garage a day or two before or after I can't remember even posted a reward for it's return it was never seen again pretty sad all we have now is the pictures
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>I know so many people in
>so many places
>They make allot of money but
>they got sad faces
>
>It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

If my memory serves me right,the trend in big hotels lobbies was having wild life mount on their walls back about the time these big bucks were stolen. And I heard they were paying big money for mounts. I remember reading a article in field and stream about guys selling their mounts to hotels because there wife?s didn't want to look at them anymore.

You might try Dana Hollinger, he is a collector of big Mule Deer Heads, also someone else to contact would be Eastmans traveling mule deer collection. A handful of the bucks displayed at Eastmans at the hunt expo had never been seen before. These guys get contacted when big old Mule Deer Bucks hit the market. Good luck I hope you find it

LAST EDITED ON Mar-06-19 AT 02:11PM (MST)[p]You don't happen to know the score do you? It is a long shot, but if it ended up in some persons collection they might have B&C score it and put it in the book. I am not sure if B&C would accept it without knowing anything about how it was killed.

>If my memory serves me right,the
>trend in big hotels lobbies
>was having wild life mount
>on their walls back about
>the time these big bucks
>were stolen. And I heard
>they were paying big money
>for mounts. I remember reading
>a article in field and
>stream about guys selling their
>mounts to hotels because there
>wife?s didn't want to look
>at them anymore.

Sell the wives to pay for more mounts.

Really appreciate all the feedback. I'm not sure the score, it's width was measured at 39 7/8, not quite 40. It was killed near Levan, Utah

Biggest buck I've ever seen in a garage was off of the main drag in Nephi. Made me wonder what was in the house!

Not sure if Kurt Sauder in salt lake city area is still buying and collecting heads, but last time I was at his home, he had close to 300 mounts, and most were very old.

I looked for my wife?s grandpas buck years ago and Dana Hollinger, as someone posted above, has it in his collection. He didn't want to part with it but we did get some color photos of it. His number is 760-413-5380. I hope you find it. Ryan Hatfield out of Idaho is the one who recognized it since it was entered in the record book as an Idaho buck and he had written a book on Big deer in Idaho. We weren't able to get the mount back but we were able to get it entered into the record book correctly as a Utah buck. Good luck!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom