Help me, I drew…

BLooDTRaCKeR

Very Active Member
The season of “empathy” is upon us fellow MM’ers!

I thought I would start this thread to give all those “hunters” a “safe” place to ask for help.

Because here on MM, we strive as a hunting community to puke out our hunting secrets to anyone that dares ask…

Now that you have that coveted tag in hand from an area you’ve never set foot on but been putting in for decades, it’s time to sit down, buckle up that armchair, grab a pint of Ben & Jerry’s, and start putting in the scouting hours.

Just whatever you do…don’t start your plea for help with, “not looking for anyones honey holes.”

Start it with….?

519737A9-38C4-423A-8352-D4B086433536.jpeg

How could you post such a callous thread with no thought or empathy for the victims of drawing a tag they know nothing about!!

I’m sure twatgotee will be here shortly to let you know how racist you are

I think it's funny, dudes think they have "honey holes" on public land. Like NO ONE heard those elk bugling but you. No one has long lenses.

I too have areas I prefer to hunt, it is stupid to assume I'm some great explorer on virgin land no one knows about.

I will say, Long time member, and very active member, will always get more help from me.

I think it's funny, dudes think they have "honey holes" on public land. Like NO ONE heard those elk bugling but you. No one has long lenses.

I too have areas I prefer to hunt, it is stupid to assume I'm some great explorer on virgin land no one knows about.

I will say, Long time member, and very active member, will always get more help from me.
And those that report back about how their hunt went.

Ain’t that the truth, I always joke with my buddies about “finding” a “new” spot. Mostly we try to discover places so nasty only idiots would hunt them these days haha. At least for Co no “secret” spots left in this state. Just places with tougher terrain that keeps the faint of heart out

1652814861237.png

How Bout When The 93 Year Old GREAT GREAT GREAT GRANDMOTHER Pulled The Goat Tag on Timp?

I Think I'm Kinda Workin Her Direction!:D

You'll have a 4% chance of killing a deer, but I can point out some great places to camp with views in California.

I’m imagine some of you guys believe you potty trained yourself.
. Nothing wrong with a guy asking for help when they need it. Nothing says you have to offer anything. But in case you forgot your mother taught you that if you can’t say something nice don’t say anything at all.
Now I probably know the Cache unit as well as anybody, I have a string of mules and plenty of heads to indicate I know how to hunt. But if anybody has advice on where there is a book moose I’d like to know the details. And for all you holier than thou folks shut the hell up your unfriendly pessimistic views have ruined this forum from the good old days!

How about ?? I want all your honey holes with gps coordinate’s and I promise I won’t shoot anything smaller than 190. ?? lol
LOL... I'll take this one. I drew a rifle deer tag this year in the Book Cliffs. It's a tag my uncle has had, my dad has had, I had, and my cousin has had... so I know the area quite well. But I'll take a Honey Hole and promise its 190" or bust. :D:D

LOL... I'll take this one. I drew a rifle deer tag this year in the Book Cliffs. It's a tag my uncle has had, my dad has had, I had, and my cousin has had... so I know the area quite well. But I'll take a Honey Hole and promise its 190" or bust. :D:D
I hunted that unit about 20 years ago when there were lots of bucks! Best of luck to you. North or south?

. Nothing wrong with a guy asking for help when they need it. Nothing says you have to offer anything. But in case you forgot your mother taught you that if you can’t say something nice don’t say anything at all.
Now I probably know the Cache unit as well as anybody, I have a string of mules and plenty of heads to indicate I know how to hunt. But if anybody has advice on where there is a book moose I’d like to know the details. And for all you holier than thou folks shut the hell up your unfriendly pessimistic views have ruined this forum from the good old days!
Who’s “holier than thou”? :censored:

Get a sense of humor……the thread was obviously in jest.

Who’s “holier than thou”? :censored:

Get a sense of humor……the thread was obviously in jest.
I have a sense of humor and used it in my post. In fact it was very humorous to me. I knew the holier than thou statement would get to someone. Was just wondering who it might flush out. See that is the problem with not knowing the poster on these forums we don’t know intent of the message and so our interpretation becomes reality and we react as our feelings dictate. The question I ask myself is am I going to be insulting or kind, helpful or hurtful? Sorry if my post hit a nerve, sorry if you feel offended. Thanks for taking the bait and allowing me to expound and explain my “humor” and intent. I returned to MM in the last few months after a long absence and have been surprised how much negativity abounds. I feel sorry for the person who finds entertainment at another’s expense.
Now back to that record book moose location!

. Thanks for taking the bait and allowing me to expound and explain my “humor” and intent. I returned to MM in the last few months after a long absence and have been surprised how much negativity abounds. I feel sorry for the person who finds entertainment at another’s expense.
re read what you wrote there one more time. you may just end up feeling sorry for your self :ROFLMAO:

too funny when guys who are not try real hard to look smart on here :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I posted this on a Facebook group a few months ago and the uproar it caused still tickles me to this day. The only trope I forgot to throw in was "my dad is 103 years old and broke both of his legs yesterday but he still really wants to come with me but we won't be able to do much legwork on our own so any help is really appreciated"
37.JPG

I have a sense of humor and used it in my post. In fact it was very humorous to me. I knew the holier than thou statement would get to someone. Was just wondering who it might flush out. See that is the problem with not knowing the poster on these forums we don’t know intent of the message and so our interpretation becomes reality and we react as our feelings dictate. The question I ask myself is am I going to be insulting or kind, helpful or hurtful? Sorry if my post hit a nerve, sorry if you feel offended. Thanks for taking the bait and allowing me to expound and explain my “humor” and intent. I returned to MM in the last few months after a long absence and have been surprised how much negativity abounds. I feel sorry for the person who finds entertainment at another’s expense.

My post isn't related to anyone on this forum (from what I can tell anyway), but from first hand experience with a guy that is always very ambiguous to any tags they have or places they hunt, yet expect you to lay everything out about what you're doing and where you're hunting.

I can tell when this guy is pumping for information by the way he begins to act "humble" and friendly. Won't give you the time of day unless he wants something...

How many of you look at the message # count before taking them seriously? I asked for help on the unit my family has lived and hunted on for 5 generations just to see what people would say. I simply asked for the location of any 400"+ bulls. A few people offered some good advice.

I remember in the 90’s turning a friend on to our very successful deer hunting spot. He brought his cousin and they even camped next to us. We all got deer, we asked him not to tell anybody else and he said don’t worry. The next year he had over 20 people with him in his hunting party. He told me he told just one of his buddies and it snowballed into a mess. Those guys were running all over the mountains, most didn’t know how to hunt, you would see deer running by you with their tongues hanging out panting like dogs there was so much pressure on them. Loose lips sink ships!

A 6.7 Creedemoor?

Must Be An Up-Grade?

You Got a Double FLATTY?

When You Get 67 Points Get Back With Us!

And We'll Show You Where There's a PISSCUTTER To Pound!

I posted this on a Facebook group a few months ago and the uproar it caused still tickles me to this day. The only trope I forgot to throw in was "my dad is 103 years old and broke both of his legs yesterday but he still really wants to come with me but we won't be able to do much legwork on our own so any help is really appreciated"View attachment 76515

This community is part of my “hunting family”. I will do my best to help any member of that family that contributes to the common good. But in our real families, what do you do with that distant cousin that only shows up when they need money, then disappears without so much as a thank you till they need money again?

If you give a man a fish…

To me it's always dissappointing when you give good advice on a unit you know very well and the animals change their patterns from the previous year due to weather or maybe hunting pressure. Makes a guy feel like a liar. I know unit 45 in Idaho very well (between shed hunting and bird hunting about 500 miles a year) never got lucky with the draw yet but don't mind sharing what I've seen while out. A lot of people don't realize come late fall the majority of the animals come from the surrounding units mainly 44 and 52.

This community is part of my “hunting family”. I will do my best to help any member of that family that contributes to the common good. But in our real families, what do you do with that distant cousin that only shows up when they need money, then disappears without so much as a thank you till they need money again?

We must be related, I have that same cousin.

To me it's always dissappointing when you give good advice on a unit you know very well and the animals change their patterns from the previous year due to weather or maybe hunting pressure. Makes a guy feel like a liar. I know unit 45 in Idaho very well (between shed hunting and bird hunting about 500 miles a year) never got lucky with the draw yet but don't mind sharing what I've seen while out. A lot of people don't realize come late fall the majority of the animals come from the surrounding units mainly 44 and 52.
Not only that but you have no idea how the other guy hunts. He may get skunked because he just doesn’t know what he’s doing.

I don’t really want to hear what the Utah guys on here do with their cousins so let’s not ask

Ouch….savage beatdown.:cry:

Honestly, I appreciate the time you spent trying to help me understand life in the internet. Your approval is VERY important to me and I hope you forgive me and share more of your successful exploits on the Cache as you continue to demonstrate how great I can become.

Thanks again for reminding ME about those lessons my mommy taught me all those years ago, and for the mercy of the brevity of your wisdom, and GodBless.

Agreed

Gee Bloodtracker- see what you did?

But since you opened up this safe space for asking the unaskable:

I drew Wyoming Gen Elk. For the dozenth time or so. Mostly get meat bulls (which was always just fine with me). But THIS year I really need a wall hanger. Wyoming is a big state, full of elk, so I KNOW one of you can tie a monster to a tree for me. Now I could take the sob-story approach, but that's soooo 2021. Instead, I offer a trade in kind. For info leading to a guaranteed royal 400, please take your pick of the following equally valuable knowledge:

1) Who REALLY won the 2020 Presidential election.
2) Jimmy Hoffa's address- he's still alive!
3) The 51st way to leave your lover.
4) Code to fix that pesky Y2K software problem on your DOS 2.0 system.
5) My best friend's cousin's ex-girlfriend's phone number. I hear she's available and likes to hunt.
6) The exact location I saw a most certain B&C buck in the remote desert that nobody else knows about- on Aug 3, 1979.
7) The best way to peel a banana (you've been doing it wrong all along).

Please, serious trade offers only....

1653008239243.png

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom