Help on Wy draw odds

Ha!! Take that to a CPA I guess!

You can draw any unit without points. Small chance though. I have 4 points and it looks like to be in the running you are going to need 5 or 6.

As for an area, pick one and go for it!

The type tells you sex. 1 is antlered, 2 is antlerless. What do you call decent chance? Looks like many antlerless units are about a sure deal, but antlerd units vary from 1:100 to 1:4, Be careful about just going for draw odds, usually better draw odds come with a price, difficult hunts, poor access, etc.. With the points system, especially as a nonresident, look at the points required to draw tags too, a wait may be worth it.

If I remember this correctly, about 25% of the tags go into a general draw and reminder go into the bonus points draw. The bonus points draw go to the highest bonus point(s)draw first. If there are 5 tags with 1 person who has the highest bonus he gets a tag. Now there are 4 tags remaining with lets say 3 guys with the next highest bonus. Three guys are drawn for 4 tags, etc., etc. until no tags remain.

Depending on what you are looking for, I would not settle for a lesser area. Typically these areas have the better moose.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom