Help with Ballistics for a 30.06

O

ozstriker22

According to my "Shooters Bible" a Remington Core-Lokt 160 grain soft point spear tip bullet dialed in for 0" at 200 yds will be about 1.8" above target at 100 yds and about 18" below target at 300 yards.

Does anybody know what the statistics are if I dial it in for 0" at 100 yds? I'd like to know what it would be at 50 yds... 150 yds... 200 yds... and 250 yds... 300 yds...

I don't know if this is too much to ask, any advice would be GREATLY appreciated! I'm wondering if there's a formula I can use... or a free website with a Ballistics calculator, or something. Otherwise, I'll take whatever info you good folks can give me.

Thanks for your number crunching!

Sincerely,

Jesse

Most of your reloading books will give you that information based on bullet weight, and velocity.
RELH

Thanks, but unfortunately I don't have any reloading books... I just got my first 30.06... if anybody has one and could let me know, that'd be a great help... or knows of where I could find that info on my own on the Net.

I'm going to the range tomorrow to do some tests to see if my particular rifle fires tighter groups with 150, 160, or 180 grain cartriges. I have the speed benchmarks for all 3 in my book, so when I know which one's I'll be hunting with, I'll post the Grain and appx speed I'm using.

Until then, does anybody else have an idea of where my bullets will fall? (p.s. I'd be happy knowing what it'd be at 200 and 250 if it's dialed in at 100)

Thanks!

Something sounds a bit off to me. With that zero you should be no more than 8-9 inches low at 300.

Of course, you're correct. I was writing this email from memory... 8" vs 18"... Thank you for showing me that link for http://www.remington.com/ammo/ballistics/remshoot.htm. It's GREAT. I also received a link for a handloading program that let's you do various calculations for any type of bullet... but I tend to trust the info on Remington's website a little more!

Thank you again for your help,

Jesse

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom