Help with Book Cliffs South Antelope

Maxxy

First time Antelope hunter here. I ran face first into a Tag this year that was unexpected. I have hunted just about everything but Speed Goats. I went out for a day and saw about 50 different bucks but had no idea how to score them. I was just looking for a buck I liked the look of, but they all looked the same (to me)!!! I had a LE Bull tag and is the reason I didn't put much time into this hunt. I had a blast but need to go down and fill my tag the last day.

Any advice is welcomed, even just easy hints to understand a decent buck? They say Mass, prongs then length? I am having a tough time on the mass and prong length. Is there an easy way to judge them?

Post up some pics from the area if you don't mind.

Thanks in advance.

No law says you gotta shoot the biggest one on the range. If it gets you excited, go for it, who cares about all that math stuff! If it helps any, shoot the one that looks like it has a bigger body than another standing close to it. More meat at least! Have fun!

No law says you gotta shoot the biggest one on the range. If it gets you excited, go for it, who cares about all that math stuff! If it helps any, shoot the one that looks like it has a bigger body than another standing close to it. More meat at least! Have fun!

Understood. But knowing this might be far and few between hunting them I would like to have a shot at a decent scoring buck. But I also Agree, if I see one I like it will get the Lead. I wish I had put more effort into this hunt but my elk hunt took priority.

Understood. But knowing this might be far and few between hunting them I would like to have a shot at a decent scoring buck. But I also Agree, if I see one I like it will get the Lead. I wish I had put more effort into this hunt but my elk hunt took priority.
Good luck, have fun, and post back with some photos from your hunts!

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom