Help with Bow Brands and Recommendations

jordan hunter

Need some help. Started shooting archery a little over 50 years ago, recurve. After about 20 years transitioned into the compound arena. Now, back to recurve. Due to a back surgery I want to keep the poundage low, 30-35 lbs. I have a draw length of 29.5 inches. My shooting consists of backyard target flinging and maybe..........a 3d shoot. Started looking online for bows, there is a lot of new brands that I have never heard of. In the past I was a Bear, Pearson, Martin fan. Want to stay in the less than 300.00 range. Saw a lot of reviews on the Samick brand, compared the Samick Sage to the new Deluxe. Then found a brand from Southwest Archery that is made by the original crew at Samick. Very confused. Can I get some recommendations for a bow from the folks here on the site please. Due to my draw length I suppose a 62-64 inch bow would be best. I have no preference as to one piece or take down. I shoot 3 under tab barebow. Thanks.

I have a Samick Discovery that uses ILF limbs. It is a spectacular piece of kit if you have lighter sets of ILF recurve limbs to use with it. My 46 lbs PSE Xpression limbs pull 57 lbs at 28" on this 17" riser !!! It is fully tillerable, adjustable poundage and string line.

Definitely a decent option if you are shooting three under with a high anchor. With my corner of the mouth anchor I can't see the target at 20 yards as the cut-out is too short.

In any case it's a super high quality piece of equipment at a reasonable price if you have any target recurve pieces parts to slap on it.

Cheers, Pete

WP_20210312_16_03_04_Pro__highres.jpg

WP_20210312_16_03_58_Pro__highres.jpg

WP_20210312_16_04_25_Pro__highres.jpg

WP_20210312_16_04_48_Pro__highres.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom