Help with WY guide/area please

Hunter53

I have 6 elk points for WY and would like to hunt next year ('23).
I have never elk hunted before even though I am 56 now but it is on my bucket list of things I REALLY want to do.

With that said I am looking for help finding a guide to hunt with that I can draw next year with only 6 points. I would prefer to have a guided hunt on private ground but am open to whatever gives me the best chance for a fun and hopefully successful hunt for a respectable elk.

I would love to do a DIY hunt but being by myself and never having hunted elk before I have decided a guided hunt is the way to go for me.

I appreciate any help anyone is willing to share on pointing me to a good guide!

With 6 points you will probably be hunting a General area. There is a wide range General area hunts. You can do a 25 mile horseback hunt into the wilderness or you can hunt a private ranch in central or eastern Wyoming. So what type of hunt are you looking for?

The wilderness hunts have went up in price so the private land hunt might be a little cheaper. We’re talking $6,500 vs $8,000 range.

Whoever you chose make sure you check plenty off references. Make sure you ask the outfit for names of unsuccessful hunters as well as successful . Some outfits cherry pick references . And post only one side.

With 6 points you will probably be hunting a General area. There is a wide range General area hunts. You can do a 25 mile horseback hunt into the wilderness or you can hunt a private ranch in central or eastern Wyoming. So what type of hunt are you looking for?

The wilderness hunts have went up in price so the private land hunt might be a little cheaper. We’re talking $6,500 vs $8,000 range.
I would prefer to have a guided hunt on private ground but am open to whatever gives me the best chance for a fun and hopefully successful hunt for a respectable elk.

An outfitter should be able to party you with another client and possibly boost your point average to get you into his hunt area.

I have 6 elk points for WY and would like to hunt next year ('23).
I have never elk hunted before even though I am 56 now but it is on my bucket list of things I REALLY want to do.

With that said I am looking for help finding a guide to hunt with that I can draw next year with only 6 points. I would prefer to have a guided hunt on private ground but am open to whatever gives me the best chance for a fun and hopefully successful hunt for a respectable elk.

I would love to do a DIY hunt but being by myself and never having hunted elk before I have decided a guided hunt is the way to go for me.

I appreciate any help anyone is willing to share on pointing me to a good guide!
I'll send you some info on folks down this part of the state that may just be able to help you.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom